Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post subject: Re: Voltars Vault discussion thread
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:50 am 

Boy Skylark wrote:
We got a look at how other Namalans look with Katy Kork (someone should draw her by the way...) \

yes, perhaps someone with a hat that has some pixels on it. :CocoWink:

"There's only one booty to appease my blasted urges"
:kiss: #Coco's Booty :kiss:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:37 am 

MurlocAggroB wrote:
Boy Skylark wrote:
Max's upgrades are the best we've had in a long while. Not because they're good or balanced or anything. (Who cares about that? :lolstar: )
But because we get a decent look at the world around the Awesomenauts.
We got a look at how other Namalans look with Katy Kork (someone should draw her by the way...) and how they're not exclusively purple like Coco. Same goes for Walm Kronkbite showing how other frogs (or Omeans) look He's not a frog. Omeans are an established species. They're from Okeanos and were first mentioned in this upgrade. and Don Steward showing how other squids look. Though Walm might not be like Froggy G since on the "From Pond to Podium" upgrade, Froggy says "Froggs" so it may just be a visually similar race or maybe Froggy is just using a slang term. Actually, Froggy's race has literally never been given a canonical name, until now. I think that "Frogg" is his actual species.
There's also apparently an insectoid alien race (possible teaser at future 'Naut race?) The really weird part about that is he's called a Kuri. As in, Kuri Mammoths. But he's a praying mantis :think: as well as what appears to be a snail race similar to the nature documentary announcer.

Not to mention the hinting at something going on near the Starstorm station with the UFO sighting upgrade.

It's just refreshing to see some interesting stuff about the 'Nauts universe again.
Ix was quite the treasure trove, and Chucho's extended lore is also pretty beefy, but this really is the first time in a long time that the upgrades were so detailed. I guess it makes sense; Max is a reporter looking for juicy stories, why wouldn't his upgrades have the juiciest stories?

We've never seen an Omean before though, so we had no idea if they were possibly related to Froggy in any way. Now that we can see one, they look startlingly similar. I think we need some Ronimo official word on this matter. Are they the same or just visually similar?

What did we learn from Ix by the way? It just seemed like a bunch of stuff revolving around references to the DaN contest and Luxor.

Rexic The King wrote:
Boy Skylark wrote:
We got a look at how other Namalans look with Katy Kork (someone should draw her by the way...) \

I could but I don't feel like it. So stop that. :raehands:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:47 am 

Boy Skylark wrote:
Rexic The King wrote:
Boy Skylark wrote:

I could but I don't feel like it. So stop that. :raehands:

ok. :kiss:

"There's only one booty to appease my blasted urges"
:kiss: #Coco's Booty :kiss:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:13 pm 

Boy Skylark wrote:
We've never seen an Omean before though, so we had no idea if they were possibly related to Froggy in any way. Now that we can see one, they look startlingly similar. I think we need some Ronimo official word on this matter. Are they the same or just visually similar?

I didn't even notice that :GnawShock: I hadn't taken a good look at Walm yet, just read the flavour text. I still say they're not the same species, since all the references we've had about them have to do with them teaching their children about the sea, them being untrustworthy, and Okeanos. None of those things are related to Froggy. Also, Ronimo seems to love species surnames, and Froggy's last name is Frogg.
Ignore the fact that Leon's last name is Chameleon despite the fact that he's a Kremzon. Iunno.

Boy Skylark wrote:
What did we learn from Ix by the way? It just seemed like a bunch of stuff revolving around references to the DaN contest and Luxor.

His upgrades weren't the greatest in terms of lore, but his backstory was wonderful. If anything, it's nice to learn about a new species, especially one related to pre-established lore. It adds a bit of extra depth to past upgrades. I know that Conorbebe's story is the reason for that, but that doesn't make it less canon.
Also, the flavour text of Overexposed Nature Photo is surprisingly dark. I think it was unchanged from Davey's rough draft upgrades, and it shows.

With a big, robotic ass :chew:

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:26 am 

MurlocAggroB wrote:
Also, the flavour text of Overexposed Nature Photo is surprisingly dark. I think it was unchanged from Davey's rough draft upgrades, and it shows.

Shhh! Keep it down before it gets changed to "Remember to eat your greens!"

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:31 pm 

And a new vault arises

What do you guys think?
Will it be a skin for Max?

My steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/yolvenzind

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:37 pm 

Location: The Frigid North of 'The Rainy Isles' - also known as Great Britain
I REALLY want it to be something like a skin but halloween has kinda been and its nearly christmas...unless its something Christmas Carol or Nightmare Before Christmas-type thing or whatever...which would be awesome.

Also is it just me or is Clunk's new design in the beta genuinely terrifying :GnawShock:

Star Trek, X Files, X-Men, Doctor Who, Lovecraftian Horror.
Steam; Profile

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:39 pm 

:shady:

we're giving this thread too much attention for its quality

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:39 pm 

yolvenzind wrote:
And a new vault arises

What do you guys think?
Will it be a skin for Max?

It's gotta be right?

Spooky ghost skin complete with lantern.

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:17 pm 
Adminaut

Max Focus Theme! :party:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78mK70H_25g

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next