Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Update 4.0.3 LIVE NOW!
 Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:29 am 

Sam! wrote:
Really don't like the new scoreboard. These are the issues I have with it:
etc.

--
I agree. :GnawCry:

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:46 am 

I think the new scoreboard is an improvement, but like everyone has already requested, it could be a little bigger.

Also, what happened to the space in between?! I really liked that feature of the previous scoreboard for it allowed players to see their character whilst checking scores. I don't understand why this has been removed. Please bring it back :ayla:

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:20 am 

Sam! wrote:
3) Get rid of the structure damage on the scoreboard, it's such a pointless stat for at a glance scoreboard usage

strongly disagree here!

i like the structure damage stat. it's about as pointless as showing assists and droid kills, and nearly as pointless as showing k/d. but, unlike those stats, destroying structures is the actual objective of the game. it definitely deserves a spot on the scoreboard because of that.

plus, it's another thing people can point to and feel like they're contributing. especially when teammates flame them for not doing enough during a game!

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:25 am 

Not a fan of having to mouseover to see upgrades again.
I mean I can understand why you guys did it because you shrunk the scoreboard so much, but once you make it bigger, I'm sure having upgrades being displayed at all times would look fine.

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:34 am 

ChrisD wrote:
Sorry to ask for something different every time you change things up, but yeah, please put items back on the bar. I like the size, but I'd assume it would need to be a bit bigger to re-implement.

It's a really REALLY big QOL feature that's been there since the beginning, and I noticed immediately how bad losing it feels in-game. Especially since I use controller exclusively, which means I can't hover over to see items without dropping my controls, and grabbing my mouse for a quick check.

i had planned to go to sleep after a quick session of nauts but logged back on to say this exactly

like did anyone even complain about all items being visible? that was one of the best changes ive seen in a long time and frankly i always hated the way seeing builds previously was i just didnt think to bring it up

having to drop controller to get on keyboard aside, it was in general just super nice to just be able to hit the scorebaord to see builds without having to hover over the enemy team one by one

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:35 am 

robochase6000 wrote:
Sam! wrote:
3) Get rid of the structure damage on the scoreboard, it's such a pointless stat for at a glance scoreboard usage

strongly disagree here!

i like the structure damage stat. it's about as pointless as showing assists and droid kills, and nearly as pointless as showing k/d. but, unlike those stats, destroying structures is the actual objective of the game. it definitely deserves a spot on the scoreboard because of that.

plus, it's another thing people can point to and feel like they're contributing. especially when teammates flame them for not doing enough during a game!

im inclined to agree with this. as a player retention mechanic, having all these little stats gives a sense of accomplishment which i think is good for new players

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:54 am 

robochase6000 wrote:

It is Team objective. But in scoreboard it correspond to only one player...
You can't just go and push while your teammates keep dying in 2v3 fights...

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:59 am 

vixey wrote:
Sam! wrote:
Really don't like the new scoreboard. These are the issues I have with it:
etc.

--
I agree.

+2

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:24 am 

I personally couldn't care less about people's profile pics. I see them as a collector's thing and not some huge accomplishment. The most expensive one isn't even that hard to get. Good riddance.

The ping visuals are way better now, but I agree that 200 should absolutely NOT be green. Heck, even 150 is pushing it. People need to be shamed for their high ping damnit! :fist:

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:24 pm 

Okay so can't I just look at the minimap to see the state of the turrets? Why do I need to know specifically who did the most damage? I'll agree that droid kills are also a pretty pointless stat and don't have a place on boards either. The point of a scoreboard is to relay important information at a glance to the player, how many droids they killed isn't really important to know since solar count is basically telling you that anyway.

Last edited by Sam! on Wed May 17, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.