Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Update 4.0.3 LIVE NOW!
 Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:29 pm 

Sam! wrote:
The point of a scoreboard is to relay important information at a glance to the player

such as?

I'm curious about your answer, because keeping droids in check and cheesing tower is the most important thing in pub rn.

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:56 pm 

Doppelganger wrote:
Sam! wrote:
The point of a scoreboard is to relay important information at a glance to the player

such as?

I'm curious about your answer, because keeping droids in check and cheesing tower is the most important thing in pub rn.

Solar, ping, items bought, naut being played. There's no need for any other information. If you think tower damage is important, this is already displayed on the minimap, you don't need to know who actually did it.

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:36 pm 

Quote:
NEW: Zork Industries Mark II “Falling Closet” Droppod
-This new droppod has been added to the Armory and is automatically unlocked for free for anyone that has played Awesomenauts before the free to play announcement (april 26th, 2017).

Thank you for that. I love the animation and sound effect (engines), lovely work.

Quote:
The scoreboard layout has been overhauled. The new layout is more similar to the pre 4 iteration of the scoreboard.

Cool, but new one really is too small. There's so much space on the screen, please make use of it; should be significantly bigger with upgrades displayed without needing to hover over players. Those icons are tiny.

Showing turret damage is fine, alternatively you could show that information only at the end of the match; both approaches are ok for me. Profile pics not showing by default and only on hover was good riddance.

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:37 pm 

Sam! wrote:
Doppelganger wrote:
Sam! wrote:

such as?

Solar, ping, items bought, naut being played. There's no need for any other information. If you think tower damage is important, this is already displayed on the minimap, you don't need to know who actually did it.

this is all fine and dandy, but forgetting about K/D/A? :|

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:54 pm 

did people not notice the teaser for the new naut or what? i don't see a thread about it

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:45 pm 

kathy wrote:

*doesn't make a thread about it*

Nah, I've seen it. But I don't really know what to say about it. It's re-used art from Ayla's reveal pasted on a newspaper with a vague description.

Eh, I'll make a thread.

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:56 am 

Sam! wrote:
Doppelganger wrote:
Sam! wrote:

such as?

It's just nice to know who spent the most time actually playing for objectives.
There's no reason not to have it, scoreboard has room for it so why not. It's a better stat than "turrets killed" and nobody complained about that.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:01 am 

I'm gonna echo what everyone else has been saying about scoreboard 4.0v2 here.
-Make it slightly bigger
-Have upgrades bought always visible

And then it should be good.

Right now anyone that uses a controller is massively gimped since you have no way to view bought upgrades unless you put your controller down and switch to keyboard+mouse mid game.

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:48 am 

Gameinsky wrote:
It's just nice to know who spent the most time actually playing for objectives.
There's no reason not to have it, scoreboard has room for it so why not. It's a better stat than "turrets killed" and nobody complained about that.

Ideally the status screen would show visual representations of the turrets and cores, along with health bars over top them. Health bars in the minimap would probably take up too much real estate.

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:47 am 

Sam! wrote:
Okay so can't I just look at the minimap to see the state of the turrets? Why do I need to know specifically who did the most damage? I'll agree that droid kills are also a pretty pointless stat and don't have a place on boards either. The point of a scoreboard is to relay important information at a glance to the player, how many droids they killed isn't really important to know since solar count is basically telling you that anyway.

Given that damaging structures is the main objective of the game, I really don't see why it doesn't deserve a spot on the scoreboard.

At the very least, it can help in those situations where someone whines about their teammate being useless because they have 0 kills while that someone spent all game acting like they're playing team deathmatch.