Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: NOW LIVE: Update 4.4: Cirque du Brawlee Hotfix 1
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:10 pm 

Would be neat if i could filter out all posts from a couple of people... Hm maybe i could thru a stylesheet...

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:26 am 

I mean, yeah, lack of communication on the forums (yet going to Reddit instead) is kinda *, but seriously? Yall respond with hostility every single time someone from Ronimo even says a single word on the forums, and then wonder why they don't talk to us.

stev wrote:
Would be neat if i could filter out all posts from a couple of people... Hm maybe i could thru a stylesheet...

If you block someone (add them to your 'foes' list via the user control panel, it hides their posts so you can't see them. You do have the option to click the post to view it though.

Official Fanart Gallery | Steam | Discord: Duskitty#5930 | I'm a tech support volunteer!

Currently playing: LUX5000, Ayla, Coco, Dizzy
Sometimes play: Raelynn, Scoop, Ksenia
Still learning: Penny, Rocco

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:37 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Duskitty wrote:
I mean, yeah, lack of communication on the forums (yet going to Reddit instead) is kinda *, but seriously? Yall respond with hostility every single time someone from Ronimo even says a single word on the forums, and then wonder why they don't talk to us.

Okay, no.

That's a lie.

Yes, I'll concede that people on these forums can be really, really bad at entertaining different points of view at times—my god, look at the recent Soloqueue Sentry mess*—but to imply that we're all waiting here with a list of preprepared insults to spew the moment someone with a red name posts something is a lie, and I'm sure those here that don't want to be lumped with that will take offense it it; rightly so.

There've been many valuable discussions with Ronimo on these forums over the years—I mean, look at the Modding subforum today—the problem is they're too infrequent and too far apart, especially for the company that has previously attested to the very communication problem we've all been talking about for years.

Just this week, Diz and I had a useful chat with Joost (at my behest) about splitting the queue and justifying the decision with brawls. I realised that the reasoning behind it was sounder than I had thought and we really gained something from it. If Ronimo were to do that on a more regular basis (read: literally once more), I'd shower it with support, as would many people here. They've got such a good thing going with Awesomenauts, and it's being wasted for reasons that really shouldn't exist! Is twenty or so minutes of responses for the popular topics really that much to ask? I could understand that a small company wouldn't be able to manage +100 posts a day in balance, but we're lucky if we get that a week—hell, a month?

Now, what won't help things in the slightest, however, is rounding everyone up and telling them it's their fault. Sure, some of the dross in this thread shouldn't really be here and isn't constructive, but neither is lying about it.

Ronimo want the communication problem to change; we want the communication problem to change—why don't we try working together to make it change, instead of splitting ourselves into smaller and smaller groups only to argue whose horse has the longer legs?

For reference, it's mine.

* To their credit, it has gotten better and actually useful as a discussion, but it started as something akin to a derailing train full of flaming pensioners.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:08 am 

Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, Earth, Milky Way, Voltar's Robe.
Duskitty wrote:
and then wonder why they don't talk to us.

I refuse to believe that any developer would willingly, unironically IGNORE the portion of their community that's nice to them, that cares about them, because of the negative and definitively-small minority. That just makes no sense. It goes against everything people in the modern age are taught.

You know, not generalizing an entire group because of the poor actions of a few people within that group?

If I only saw fans of this game who acted obnoxious or toxic, do you think it'd be fair for me to later judge you and treat you as if YOU were obnoxious/toxic, too? No matter how polite I see you being, is it really okay for me to just... Outright IGNORE you? To think you're just as bad as every other member of that group?

I'm not denying the overt amount of negativity here, nor am I saying that people need to grow thicker skins. But as my previous post stated: If there are issues with negativity that impact the performance of the people who have jobs they need to do, that impact the way people communicate, then clearly the rules, guidelines, and/or moderation needs to change. If people feel stifled by negativity, then censor/outlaw it. Don't just abandon those who care because of those who don't.

Anyone who has done nothing wrong, or has had few transgressions on this forum or anywhere, should have to

Duskitty wrote:
wonder why they don't talk to us.

EldridgeSandokan wrote:
Going in dry

"This game is about doing damage."

"Snowballing doesn't even exist."

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:39 pm 

I think overall frustration of people would lower with time once Ronimo starts to communicate more.

I also remember some people from the devteam saying that another reason they don't talk a lot is because they don't want to influence the community too hard.

But I think that's a wrong way to go about it.
It's still their game.
And it may not seem that way, but I do really want Ronimo to push their own agenda as well, but it has to be done in a smart way and for that, communication is key.

Communication is 100% the most important thing and on several occassions have devs agreed with me on that, said they are going to amend that and then don't actually do it. (or only temporarily do that).

Idk, they don't even need to do it themselves straightly, they have a group of community tech support people now that can pass on the message.

Just, something please.

And yes, ignoring the entire community because the loudmouths are toxic, is not a good tradeoff imo.

It's part of why I am not against secluded influential groups.

The red group is the useless, usually loud group of people. Unfortunately, it's also like 85% of the talkative part of the community

The blue group are the people who are best at supplying out of the box ideas, while the green group is the group that understands the game best and is thus very important.

You want a good mix of the blue and green box.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:14 pm 

Don't mean to interrupt any discussions going on, but....

When are we getting the next bugfix patch?
I'm kinda dissapointed a full workweek went by and we've got no bugfixes, a bugged brawl and no information or whatsoever on when to expect the next patch.

That is, unless if I missed something?

~ Embrace your dreams.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:19 pm 

yo, can I get ted fixed so I don't have to play it like a brainwashed dog?

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:07 pm 

What about yoolip going from F tier to diarrhoea tier because he has no droid healthpacks, or derpl's nuke completely bugged with delay, or jimmy AA not cancelling into missiles, or jimmy missiles kb item not working, etc etc

Or what about the 3 year old voltar psychokinetic bug that causes him to do 2x damage

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:03 pm 

srsly does ronimo not want us to be excited for this game? they do almost nothing at all to promote consistent hype and chat
we only know that qitara is coming in 4.5 and nothing about anything else

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:29 am 

Funny how I thought the second hotfix would come out on monday or tuesday but we are at saturday and no word or any sign whatsoever is coming from Ronma