Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [salt post] Match making system shouldn't pair as last match
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:39 pm 

Now this isn't a "I'm so great, I hate losing & can't tolerate it" or "MYYYYY RANK!". Just honestly don't know why the system operate like this.

This obviously doesn't apply to pre-mades

Waited 10 minutes for a game where I was paired up with 2 players playing on the same system where we had no chance of winning(not the problem)

This match went on for 30 minutes because I was stalling like crazy (albeit, would have been better just to throw but you know...being reported :glasses: )

Now afterwards, waited 12 minutes, only to get paired up in the same game just on a different map :facepalm:

This match went on for 20 minutes because after the 15 minute mark, I realise just go hyper argo & hope for a triple or lose quicker to save time (only 1 turret down)

Point of this post?
Not to vent because I'm already there are threads for this but really just my 2 cents if Romino ever decide to release another match making system :tear: or if they ever decide to spend some time on the current one.

- avoid matching the same players on the same team for the next match if everyone's soloqing
- Certain level gap difference to prom "game is safe to leave" enforcing regular losing penalties

Shouldn't be punished for wanting to make good use of my time because if I had no chance with the team before, what's going to magically change in the next few minutes. Derpl fyi usually would be in siege mode behind a turret 80% of the time, would not move even if super low health.

waiting 22 minutes for these matches - not the problem
harsher punishments for not delaying the inevitable - could have spent those 50 minutes better use

Post subject: Re: [salt post] Match making system shouldn't pair as last m
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:01 pm 

wide playerbase.

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:08 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
ArcanaTXT wrote:
Now this isn't a "I'm so great, I hate losing & can't tolerate it" or "MYYYYY RANK!".

In the nicest possible way, I bet if I read the rest of this post, it is exactly this but cleverly disguised.

At any rate, the playerbase is not large enough to stop players being repeatedly matched with the same ones over and over again, unless we just gained 4,400 new accounts I was not aware of.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:01 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
ArcanaTXT wrote:
Now this isn't a "I'm so great, I hate losing & can't tolerate it" or "MYYYYY RANK!".

In the nicest possible way, I bet if I read the rest of this post, it is exactly this but cleverly disguised.

:CocoWink: :blabl: :LeonWink: :thumb: :GnawCry:

tbf, I solo queue 24/7 to the point of if I wanted rank, I should just get a pre-made but it sucks not being able to leave on the character select screen for which obvious reasons are people would leave beforehand if they saw their team mates but I mean, just sucks you can't do it a second time without penalties.

Actually, had a 3rd game afterwards with the same 2 but I ended up accept the MMS lockout.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:47 am 

ArcanaTXT wrote:
Derpl fyi usually would be in siege mode behind a turret 80% of the time, would not move even if super low health.

I've been in a match with a Derpl that did that...it was a terrible match....I think you just gave me flash backs.....

The Lord Protector wrote:
At any rate, the playerbase is not large enough to stop players being repeatedly matched with the same ones over and over again, unless we just gained 4,400 new accounts I was not aware of.

I mean, there's like tens of thousands of ranks on the leader boards so that must mean there's that many players right? :ksenia:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:17 am 

As always with these cases, you are complaining about wrong thing altogether, which makes your post just as salty toxic trash like all of these tend to be.

-The problem is not that your team members sucked, Derpl was in turret mode too long, they were too bad team for you etc.
-The problem is that the opponent teams Froggy was too strong and shouldnt have been put against those 2 in your team. At least not twice in a row.

Its not the fault of 2 lower ranked players, if matchmaking decides to throw an opponent unbeatable against them, dont blame them.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:15 pm 

Despite all the saltiness and some expressions I absolutely don't agree with, I think OP is reporting a real potential problem here.

As I understand, right now the matchmaking does not take into consideration who was matched during the last pool. So if ABC vs DEF was the "optimal" solution, and it's still the optimal one during the next pool, the matchmaking will repeat the exact same match. The problem OP rises is that this can lead to very frustrating situations where you know you can't win - because you didn't stand a chance during the last round with the same team, against the same opponent.

A way to solve it would be to enforce a strict condition, that a match should never be repeated betweeen two matchmaking rounds. Even if there's only 6 players in the pool, you can trade players between teams so that you get a different match.

It doesn't sound like it would decrease too much the quality of the matches - and it would avoid situations like what OP experienced.

However, such situations arise mostly when the playerbase is at its lowest I believe. I don't think the problem occurs during peak time.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:43 am 

IsoKoala wrote:
As always with these cases, you are complaining about wrong thing altogether, which makes your post just as salty toxic trash like all of these tend to be.

Its not the fault of 2 lower ranked players, if matchmaking decides to throw an opponent unbeatable against them, dont blame them.

Except I didn't brag on or highlight the fact of their skill rather then the Derpl siege time :voltarroll: but the part where if you pair me up with the same team mates from previous match, should just give regular losing match penalties for leaving on character select screen rather than lockout because all it does is encourage throwing. :rocco:

That's Romino pressuring players to waste time if they don't care about rank which exactly what this is. For some reason, you're being awfully dismissive pinning the blame on someone rather than a system that could receive a small improvement :think: .