Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: What's going on
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:23 pm 

It might really be happening that support for this game is over soon, think about it

-> A new all nauts pack, again? maybe something more long term for once they leave :GnawCry:
-> What seems to be slowed down development & Only one announced skin atm :GnawCry:
-> Less streams :GnawCry:
-> Nearly all modding tools released and more rapidly so too :GnawCry:
-> The big investment for F2P clearly didn't work out for them :GnawCry:
-> Small player-numbers, and no big new content for to get up again :GnawCry:

I hate to say it, but the only content this game might soon have is mods,
maybe the game at least gets some publicity, when ronimo announces that they won't support it anymore

Note: That said I am grateful for what Ronimo has done, I honestly think its time for them to move on, they got a lot of experience (and money hopefully) out of this, so good luck to them.

I am the one and only Paraakie
Modder & Rare Gearlyfish
My mods

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:26 am 

I again really doubt that support for the game has or will end for the time being.The fact that they can still pull 400-500 players consistently is very solid for a game like this and is still likely making them money. It might not get better and it might not get worse, but we're just about back to where we were before the game went F2P so I wouldn't say that the plug is gonna get pulled "yet" anyway.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:05 am 

Gameinsky wrote:
monkeybusiness wrote:
I'm going out on a limb and say that i probably have to have a very high IQ in order to understand how a vocal minority works... which i don't :drool:

By the way, if we're talking about measuring things, why not use metrics? That could work.

Metrics are used. Or at least, they exist.

Its entirely possible if your very observant of people other then yourself in match. Trolling does have its benefits in allowing you to both observe how other people play and give you yourself a diverse set of ways to play the game. I literally don't need metrics and never will to understand what changes need to be made but I get that not everybody is the same.

Sometimes you have to out your ego aside and look at the bigger picture. When your capable of doing that at will then making rational/logical balance changes will come naturally as well as the innovation to add new ways to play without breaking anything. The hard aspect from my point of view is the coding but once I learn and understand the process then I am good to go.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:32 am 

Even if Rocket boy was a mess, Ive appreciated all the effort Ronimo has put into the game past year. Will be sad if support will go down. I wonder why dont they make more skiks though? Thats the money source anyway, making new skins for old characters would be profitable, and fun for us skin buyers too.

I think the game is makikg money, but I doubt it can support the salaries and office costs of Ronimo with current ammount of old timer players who mostly have the skiks they want anyway. Numbers of players in Awesomenauts are still decent to find games at any given time, but enough to pay living expences for 10+ people.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:23 am 

Morrowsaw wrote:
I again really doubt that support for the game has or will end for the time being.

The fact that they pulled the All Nauts pack from the store with patch 4.5 indicates Ronimo intends to support the game for quite awhile still. Which isn't to say that plans may change based on future events.