Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: For God's Sake, give us Drafts in main queue!
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:51 pm
Posts: 353
Mes wrote:
Because a lot of people who come to 'Nauts do it because it's NOT like the other MOBAs (in the past at least, before Ronimo implemented all the changes that made the game closer to the mainstream titans), that it has less of this mental overhead that playing other MOBAs requires you to carry, and elements of it have already been slowly put into the game too - and because of that, the game's original identity that made it so great has slowly been washed away in favor of this failed attempt to appeal to the Dota/LoL/HotS crowds, rather than continuing to carve deeper into its own, back-then untapped and now effectively also untapped niche.

Not everyone who plays video games plays in order to continuously improve, try to win and climb the virtual leaderboard and try to make 'Nauts their livelihood. They play to have casual, mindless fun, tournaments and tournament-like formats and rules be damned.
It just might seem like everyone is a tryhard because such people like to be EXTREMELY vocal (cue the entirety of these forums, which really represent the absolute hard core of the community), while casual players tend to be more content and silent.


And if the game fails to provide that, they're just gonna either not play to begin with, or move onto something that can do that - and this is why a lot of people who were once extreme fans of the game and very active in the community have basically gone MIA - myself included.

And forcing everyone into this sort of draft system, directly or indirectly from other MOBAs, is only going to further that process, and alienate more and more people.
And I can't help but think that enough people who came into Nauts in its original state have been kinda shunned aside in favor of this wild goose chase after the trends and tropes of the mainstream MOBAs.
I already hardly at all play the game, and this would just further kill what little interest I have in the game at this point, and I sincerely don't think I'm an outlier in that.


I agree with most of the sentiment about the game being better before. But they decided to take this route and they are half way there. As I say many times in this thread, it's time to finish what they started or go back completely. I already made multiple threads about going back to how it was, but I realized that brought nothing and the devs don't even respond to it. So I posted this because I'm sick of the game being in limbo, neither here nor there. It's neither casual, nor is it competitive at this point. You can't have a game like that and be successful because you don't have a vision and you aren't trying to get any niche! It's a tug of war in one of those two directions but Awesomenauts is just stuck in the middle and Ronimo has been silent on this for years!

_________________
Please vote in the Individual Levels vs. Team Levels poll. Thank you


Last edited by DeezNauts on Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For God's Sake, give us Drafts in main queue!
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 am
Posts: 2506
Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
DeezNauts wrote:
Where did I say anything about competitive? Why are you putting words in my mouth??? I said, and you literally just quoted it...

...What about "WITH a draft system" sound anything like "competitive" to you? The title of this thread is "Give us Drafts", not give us competitive... Where are you pulling this from??? :table:

"Ranked" and "Competitive" tend to be used interchangeably in MOBAs.

You asserted that most other people that play MOBAs do so ranked and with a draft: my knowledge of Dota indicates that this is measurably incorrect. In fact, I would say the same were true in HotS as well, although I am less sure.

(Also, Mes is giving you an opinion. You can disagree with an opinion without being openly negative)

_________________
Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For God's Sake, give us Drafts in main queue!
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:11 pm
Posts: 1348
Location: A bunker in prep for the first AI war
"Haha your subjective opinion is subjective therefore my subjective opinion is correct"

_________________
My steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055582507

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For God's Sake, give us Drafts in main queue!
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:51 pm
Posts: 353
eddster27 wrote:
"Haha your subjective opinion is subjective therefore my subjective opinion is correct"

Because I have backed it up many times but you refuse to acknowledge it. Really getting sick of you... Can't believe Ronimo actually listens to you. All you ever offered is smug insults like this. You are just a little man. Have fun being ignored. :lolstar:


The Lord Protector wrote:
"Ranked" and "Competitive" tend to be used interchangeably in MOBAs.

You asserted that most other people that play MOBAs do so ranked and with a draft: my knowledge of Dota indicates that this is measurably incorrect. In fact, I would say the same were true in HotS as well, although I am less sure.

(Also, Mes is giving you an opinion. You can disagree with an opinion without being openly negative)

Are you actually saying Dota players are more casual?? :drone: :drone: :drone: :lolstar: :lolstar: :clap:

HotS definitely is big on drafts. The main ranked mode has a draft.

_________________
Please vote in the Individual Levels vs. Team Levels poll. Thank you


Last edited by DeezNauts on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For God's Sake, give us Drafts in main queue!
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:11 pm
Posts: 1348
Location: A bunker in prep for the first AI war
DeezNauts wrote:
eddster27 wrote:
"Haha your subjective opinion is subjective therefore my subjective opinion is correct"

Because I have backed it up many times but you refuse to acknowledge it.


Continually repeating arguments that others already disagrees with doesn't exactly qualify as "backing it up"

Have a wonderful Christmas

_________________
My steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055582507

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For God's Sake, give us Drafts in main queue!
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:29 am
Posts: 432
Location: Here in these forums (Diz Forced me!)
eddster27 wrote:
DeezNauts wrote:
eddster27 wrote:
Continually repeating arguments that others already disagrees with doesn't exactly qualify as "backing it up"

Have a wonderful Christmas


I'd agree with you, but you said merry Christmas instead of happy holidays how could you be so inconsiderate of other cultures :fist:
/s


edit: OMG IT ACTUALLY MATTERED I WAS JUST MEMING

_________________
Deeznauts wrote:
Have you lost your mom?


Last edited by Morrowsaw on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For God's Sake, give us Drafts in main queue!
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:51 pm
Posts: 353
eddster27 wrote:
DeezNauts wrote:
eddster27 wrote:
"Haha your subjective opinion is subjective therefore my subjective opinion is correct"

Because I have backed it up many times but you refuse to acknowledge it.


Continually repeating arguments that others already disagrees with doesn't exactly qualify as "backing it up"

Have a wonderful Christmas

I don't celebrate Christmas but hope you have a great time with your family, and stop reading my threads instead, if you don't get anything from them. You just can't explain everything to everyone. Goodbye.

_________________
Please vote in the Individual Levels vs. Team Levels poll. Thank you


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For God's Sake, give us Drafts in main queue!
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:44 am
Posts: 2004
Location: Maybe far away or maybe real near by.
DeezNauts wrote:
And stop reading my threads instead, if you don't get anything from them. You just can't explain everything to everyone.


Based on the fact that the XP system is still in the game it sounds like Ronimo took your advice here. :glasses:

_________________
Diz Hydron wrote:
Catgame21234 wrote:
Hail Hydro

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think:


Winner of the Awesomenauts Guide Contest


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For God's Sake, give us Drafts in main queue!
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:07 am
Posts: 1335
eddster27 wrote:
"Haha your subjective opinion is subjective therefore my subjective opinion is correct"

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For God's Sake, give us Drafts in main queue!
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 am
Posts: 2506
Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
We might need to start attaching LEDs to the points that we make, because they are flying so far above the heads present here that they might begin to pose a threat to low-level air traffic.

DeezNauts wrote:
Because I have backed it up many times but you refuse to acknowledge it...

It is not that we refuse to acknowledge the backing up of the point, but rather that we dispute the actual truth of how you are backing up your points.

You say that the majority of players in other MOBAs play in whatever ranked, draft-possessing mode said MOBA has. For Dota, this is almost assuredly false. I would not be surprised if this were the case in LoL and HotS as well, although I do not know for certain.

DeezNauts wrote:
Are you actually saying Dota players are more casual?? :drone: :drone: :drone: :lolstar: :lolstar: :clap:

The average pub match in Dota is about as casual as they come—you have never seen lone wolves until you have been on a team of them against a team of five of them.

That said, competitive Dota is (measurably) very competitive: see the TI7 prize pool for that.

_________________
Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next