Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: We should end the negativity
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:15 am 

Because we sound like a bunch of doomsayers.

If we truly love the game, instead of bashing it down here publicly, we should emphasize the positive things that are in Awesomenauts.

I was just looking at this thread on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Awesomenauts/c ... w_players/

Maybe we (veterans) are unhappy with the current state of the game, but when I'm reading this, it makes me believe that it's still possible for this game to have a success, and to attract new players.

Now imagine you are someone who is looking to play the game - then he heads out on the forum, and sees tons of complaint posts. Would you bother playing it, when so many people complain about it?

We all know Ronimo does 0 marketing, but I think we should work towards encouraging people to play the game. That should be our 2018 vow

Post subject: Re: We should end the negativity
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:39 am 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Oh god; this seems like the perfect thread for me. Here I go!

Why should we pick up the pieces where Ronimo has routinely (and I mean that most literally) failed to do so? There is only so much we can love the game and their decisions when these decisions drive the game down a path from which it will not recover. Like, for example, going F2P with absolutely zero self-awareness as to the consequences of that action, especially considering so many of us "foretold" its failure because of nonexistent newcomer support and pitiful player retention.

You do not fix a leaking bucket in the long-term by filling it with another pot of water: you seal the holes beforehand and then fill it. Metaphor metaphor something words noises words, you know?

I could appreciate the sentiment if Ronimo acted even slightly like they still cared—I challenge anyone here to provide recent evidence that they do.

I also do not see the sense in seeing hope in a Reddit thread where the first post is literally "Awesomenauts 2 when?"

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:52 am 

but it's fun

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:38 pm 

Awesomenauts is still a fun game, but at this point I can't really blame anyone for being a doomsayer.
To me it feels like Ronimo has turned into Sega.
Company that used to make great games and was very pleasant in the way it handled the community. But also has severe lack of polish and a very hard time understanding what people like and thus make a whole list of terrible decisions. Who seem to have given up on everything they once stood for and stopped communicating.

And still, whatever it is they're working on, if they have to drop down everything else for it, surely it can't be worth it?

I really wanted to like this game, I really wanted to show deep support for Ronimo.

But even I got tired of constantly having to run behind them, asking to at least talk for a couple minutes. I was tired of never getting answers. It's like they're actively avoiding the community.

Watch, they probably have their entire team working on what they consider to be the best solution to "save" this game, only for it to blow in their face. That's what happened the last 5 times now.

I'd be gladly proven wrong, but I kinda lost complete hope at this point.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:41 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Gameinsky wrote:
...It's like they're actively avoiding the community...

I will actually wager a hefty sum of money that someone read this line and almost brought themselves to reply "but we deserve it for being so negative about everything" before they then read this here comment and decided against it—not realising the irony in avoiding a community that is negative about bad decisions being itself a bad decision worthy of being negative about.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:13 pm 

We'll stop being negative when Ronimo stops * up.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: :think: #BuffBoiCow Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:56 pm 

This thread's positive message crashed harder than Icarus after an all-night bender in Wall Street.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:57 pm 

i dont think we can end the negativity as long as this lord protector cringe kid is here

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:57 pm 

i would rather have yunggoat than these cringe kids

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:59 pm 

I would rather have YungGoat than a filthy double-post.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote: