Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Interesting stuff from the Ronimo site
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:44 pm 

Currently, Ronimo is looking for 2 interns for the 1st half of 2018 on thier official site (jobs section). Not that most people here are interested in that, whats more interesting is what positions they are looking for:

Quote:
Marketing internship

We are looking for a marketing intern to help us market our games, in the first half of 2018. As a marketing intern, you work on things like social media, online advertisements, community interaction, website content, press releases, online community events and press contacts. We're looking for someone who understands games and how they're marketed, and writes English fluently. Bonus points if you have skills with Photoshop or HTML. Be sure to provide a CV and cover letter.

Environment art internship

We are looking for a 2D environment art intern to join us in the first half of 2018. As an environment art intern you create concept art and in-game graphics for 2D environments and levels. We are looking for fun and outgoing students who are good at working together with others in a team. Be sure to provide an extensive portfolio of your work, showing the quality of your best work, but also the diversity of your skills and styles, plus your CV and cover letter.

Lets start with the second. It can only be one of 2 things, Ronimo is either making a new map or campaign for Awesomenauts, or more far more likely, a new 2D game. There isn't much need for enviroment art in nauts. The first position could definitely be to help market nauts and to do something about the radio silence we've had from Ronimo recently. However parts about press releases and the use of the plural "market our games", suggests to me that only part of the role is marketing nauts. However, the community interaction and online community events parts suggest they will also be looking after nauts OR thier new game has a multiplayer element to it.

To me, this paired with how quiet Ronimo have been recently makes me think we will see a new game out of them in the first half of 2018. Idk, maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I just randomly wandered into it after reading Joost's blog, and felt like sharing.

Last edited by Tom on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Intersting stuff from the Ronimo site
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:57 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I hope it is a new game—that would explain the silence recently.

It would not absolve it, mind you, but would be better than Ronimo just throwing up their hands and collapsing into a puddle of non-communicative bricks—as much as bricks can form a puddle, I guess.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post subject: Re: Interesting stuff from the Ronimo site
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:35 pm 

I mean it'd make sense. I'd be all for them doing what they did with Swords & Soldiers 2 and maintaining Nauts while making new games, but I doubt that a release for any game would be happening soon that would require the community manager so I assume that is solely for Nauts. Since with Swords & Soldiers they announced they were working on the game months (Like the majority of the entire year) ahead of time once they fully split the dev team to work on it.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:27 pm 

Quote:
As a marketing intern, you work on things like social media, online advertisements, community interaction, website content, press releases, online community events and press contacts.

No more radio silence? :O

:worship:

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:08 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Gameinsky wrote:

Words come cheap, remember.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:34 am 

Gameinsky wrote:
Quote:
As a marketing intern, you work on things like social media, online advertisements, community interaction, website content, press releases, online community events and press contacts.

It's only an intern.
So no radio silence for a couple of months.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:11 pm 

radio silence is because Ronimo is on holidays. They come back tomorrow I think?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:07 pm 

Luckytime wrote:
radio silence is because Ronimo is on holidays. They come back tomorrow I think?

Radio silence, as in, the last 6 months have been radio silence.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:27 pm 

I dont know how interns are used in Netherlands, but in my country many companies are using interns since goverment pays 100% of the expenses, thus taking an intern or 2 for 6 months is free resources anyway to do something simple. So necessarily doesnt mean a lot. Although, since they have those written in English, they might be more serious about those.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:51 pm 

Gameinsky wrote:
Radio silence, as in, the last 6 months have been radio silence.

More than that.

I would say it is approaching a year at this point (aside from the Renegades, but that was more of a one-sided "talk" anyway).

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote: