Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: When is next Season Reset?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:18 am 

Is there still a regular season reset or is it a "manual" season reset?

We fight for a world without Blind where Nauts can teamfight freely. We stand united and make our voices heard. :rocco: This way, we can make Nauts a better game for our children. :jimmy: Fight the good fight. :ix: Remove Blind from the game. :thumb:

Post subject: Re: When is next Season Reset?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:35 am 

I think season resets have never been automatic, always manually triggered. I could be wrong though.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:07 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
They used to happen every few months (although the actual mechanism was a manual reset, just on a schedule), then the stopped for a bit and everything collapsed. Ronimo then did a hard reset, but that seemed to be a one-off until they did it again several months after that...

...since then, no one knows. I would not bank on it.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:16 pm 

Season resets were automatic for a long time. Starting up version 2.5 of Awesomenauts shows that the legacy leaderboards are currently at Season 31.

Currently, season resets are performed manually, though as the leaderboard's primary goal is accurate matchmaking rather than rewarding players, devs at Ronimo tend to avoid resetting ratings too frequently.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:07 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
The leaderboards were never about truly accurate matchmaking; they were always about being a tool for rewarding players with progression—the matchmaking thing was just a soundbite that made it look like the lack of a reset was intentional. Why even display them if they are not meant to be valued? Why even make their existence known?

Source: the fact we had "automatic" resets by design, which would clash with literally what I just said, which was in itself just what Ronimo said some time ago. Unless there was a major change of opinion at the office, which I doubt as much as I doubt I can breathe successfully underwater for protracted periods of time.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:51 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
The leaderboards were never about truly accurate matchmaking; they were always about being a tool for rewarding players with progression—the matchmaking thing was just a soundbite that made it look like the lack of a reset was intentional. Why even display them if they are not meant to be valued? Why even make their existence known?

Source: the fact we had "automatic" resets by design, which would clash with literally what I just said, which was in itself just what Ronimo said some time ago. Unless there was a major change of opinion at the office, which I doubt as much as I doubt I can breathe successfully underwater for protracted periods of time.

I think there's just been a change of direction. The first goal of leaderboards were originally to act as proper leaderboards, but then as matchmaking issues got pressed on, it's been changed to favorize matchmaking.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:04 am 

potterman28wxcv wrote:
I think there's just been a change of direction. The first goal of leaderboards were originally to act as proper leaderboards, but then as matchmaking issues got pressed on, it's been changed to favorize matchmaking.

Which should perhaps raise the question of "why did Ronimo say the leaderboards had only ever been for matchmaking" if that is clearly not the case?

There is zero transparency to the point you could argue the situation is left intentionally vague.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:36 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
They used to happen every few months (although the actual mechanism was a manual reset, just on a schedule), then the stopped for a bit and everything collapsed. Ronimo then did a hard reset, but that seemed to be a one-off until they did it again several months after that...

...since then, no one knows. I would not bank on it.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: :think: #BuffBoiCow Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.