Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Ronimo and Awesomenauts in 2018
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:41 am 

so was any concrete information given on the streamisho or was it just "we're working on cool stuff, we promise" followed by the usual league 6 gameplay

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:03 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Awesomenauts is trying to be some amalgamation of HotS and LoL, only in 2D. The problem being that no one would play Awesomenauts when they could just play HotS and LoL.

THIS THIS THIS

I would try other strategies at this point. Going competitive is not going to work, you can't challenge the titans of the scene just like that, you gotta build up on your strengths first. What are awesomenauts strengths? It's fast, easy to get into, somewhat addicting and FUN. These are things games like DOTA can unlikely be, a DOTA game takes about 40 minutes, the burden of knowledge is very heavy and you'd rather take a break if you lose an hour-long game rather than play again.

I made a topic about going mobile, that's also another idea, check it out.

Whatever you devs choose to do, just keep in mind that if something's not been working it's unlikely that it'll start working if you keep doing it the same way.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:10 pm 

I've just come back from the dead to say, The Lord Protector, that I disagree with point you're trying to make and accusations you're making. Finding you're the same person who set up the Fannaut Archive is kind of a shock. What is it that makes you persistent in continuing this?

Blaine the Pyrotechnic

rpvarela wrote:
Mario and Wario agreeing on something? What is this?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:21 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
WarioJim wrote:
I've just come back from the dead to say, The Lord Protector, that I disagree with point you're trying to make and accusations you're making.

What about it, precisely, do you disagree with? The general sentiment or something specific?

Telling me you disagree is great but entirely unhelpful. I can't explain every single facet of my entire opinion on this game because there's a 60,000 character limit.

WarioJim wrote:
Finding you're the same person who set up the Fannaut Archive is kind of a shock. What is it that makes you persistent in continuing this?

I know, right? How dare someone that likes Awesomenauts want the game to continue existing.

The sheer nerve of me.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:32 pm 

No, I mean you're still messaging about how much you don't like the direction the game has taken and Ronimo's choices, while trying to answer to people who don't share your opinion, for weeks after the thread started. Hence I asked why you're persistent in trying to prove what you think to everyone else.

...how did you get something about existence from that?

Blaine the Pyrotechnic

rpvarela wrote:

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:42 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I don't follow.

I have an opinion and others have opinions. We compare opinions here. Ronimo recently returned to the forums, so there's a lot of this going on at the moment. Things are grinding back into life, as it were.

It there something I'm missing? I feel like there is.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:49 pm 

You know what, I think I maybe missing something here too.

I'll just leave it at I'm excited to see what the big plans for the game are. I was disillusioned with the community for a while, but with the new year I think it'd be good to see what comes next for Romino and the community Awesomenauts has built. :thumb:

Blaine the Pyrotechnic

rpvarela wrote:

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:53 pm 

We've managed to confuse ourselves.

Just for reference, before anyone starts building more effigies of me to burn alongside Guy Fawkes, I am also looking forwards to see what Ronimo does, now that they're back.

There, put your pitchforks away.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:23 am 

www.doubleposting.co.uk/hypocrisy

So, apart from the recent balance changes, what exactly can we look forwards to this year?

Big Plans™ isn't a phrase that inspires much confidence here, the same way metrics doesn't, and things are growing slightly quiet again.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:34 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Sorry about not answering this question sooner - I had a couple of days off and was out of the office for GDC for a while as well. We don't have anything specific to announce for 'Nauts right now, aside from the changes we're currently experimenting with in the 4.6 Beta and the fact that there's another 'Naut coming up a little further down the line. You can look forward to a little more news about one of our other projects though... but I can't put a date on that yet right now. We'll soon actively start preparing the reveal :)