Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Ronimo and Awesomenauts in 2018
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:37 pm 

pls make a android game ;)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:17 pm 

Roaketpaj wrote:
pls make a android game ;)

The only Android game i play is Talisman, and I only play it while i'm on vacation, or when i don't have my laptop with me. :roll:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:35 pm 

I hope that we get new bots these year...the ones we have right now are really bad.

PS: pls remove yuri bot. :mrgreen:

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

Jas123c wrote:
kathy wrote:
muncher.gif

this is a very serious question, please help :(

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:40 pm 

i can't play swords and soldiers on my phone. It's not available in Poland ;(

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:45 am 

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:15 pm 

These threads will become far less unpleasant once Lord Protector graduates from high school or has a kid or goes to prison or finally gets diagnosed and medicated, or whatever else it will take to stop him cranking out lengthy diary entries about how violated and betrayed he is by some random software development company.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:55 pm 

jjdfjdfjdsfj wrote:
These threads will become far less unpleasant once Lord Protector graduates from high school or has a kid or goes to prison or finally gets diagnosed and medicated, or whatever else it will take to stop him cranking out lengthy diary entries about how violated and betrayed he is by some random software development company.

A very brave thing to say in this moderation climate. Even though he was the only one making unwarranted comments at ronimo, you'll probably be the one slienced. Way to go team! :bluecheer: :redcheer:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:07 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Trust me, if the moderators want to silence them because they took a shot at me, it's the moderators that are at fault. It doesn't phase me in the slightest.

jjdfjdfjdsfj wrote:

I'm not American and I have no intention of travelling back through time to become one, so I can't ever graduate high school. I did graduate from university, though, so there's that. I've also got you beat on the whole "kid" thing, so you'll need to dig a little deeper. Never been to prison, although I did once perform Chicago with some friends, but that's the closest I've ever got. As for medication, I'd be more than happy to self-medicate with cannabis, if this country'd legalise it—would that make you feel better?

I've never said I was "violated" nor "betrayed", although there are people on the forums that have. You might be able to find the posts with creative use of the search bar.

Luckytime wrote:
A very brave thing to say in this moderation climate. Even though he was the only one making unwarranted comments at ronimo, you'll probably be the one slienced. Way to go team! :bluecheer: :redcheer:

Something being unpleasant is not necessarily unwarranted. I challenge you to go back through my posts and find me knowingly lie about something concerning Ronimo.

You know how they said they'd improve communication the last time? That was before the whole year exodus. I'm... dubious, is all.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:28 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Make Awesomenauts stand out for being unique, not for being what the other MOBAs do but worse.

Imagine you worked on something for 8 years and then some random came along and said this. I don't blame ronimo for not wanting to interact with their community when quotes like this are what they get to enjoy. Whether you wanted to be hurtful with that comment or not, it still comes across as abrasive and uncalled for.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:19 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
How is any of that uncalled for? Awesomenauts practically sold itself back when it was effectively baby's first MOBA (in a good way), with very little real complexity that allowed absolutely anyone to get into it and enjoy themselves, without having to worry about the baggage that other MOBAs carry to varying extents.

Then we started pinching and snatching all sorts of things that other MOBAs do, in what appeared (and still appears) to be a desperate attempt to make Awesomenauts some sort of semi-competitive spectator sport—the cherry one the cake being that none of it actually helped in any way. We took the simple game with its simple mechanics and bloated it trying to be like all the others.

Awesomenats was going strong (sort-of) between 2013–2015, not that it was ever a rip-roaring success, mind you. Then along came the XP System, poorly implemented at that*, and... well, you could toboggen down the line graph from that point. Yes, there have been additional blips as time goes on as there were before 2015, but nothing even close to the semi-stable playerbase we had before that. These very forums are currently seemingly undergoing a "did Galactron really work" phase, like a load of us were saying a few years ago.

Awesomenauts is trying to be some amalgamation of HotS and LoL, only in 2D. The problem being that no one would play Awesomenauts when they could just play HotS and LoL. For all their faults, those two are particularly well made.

If you're also going to rationalise Ronimo blocking the community out because one person here doesn't like the way they're doing things, you might want to rationalise that with the rest of the community, especially those of us that do want Ronimo to be here. Abandoning ship because I had the audacity to not like something (to everyone's detriment) is not how public relations work and is a one-way trip to failure.

* Please don't start with the whole "the XP System works", either. Ronimo wouldn't have neutered it to the point I can demonstrate its tiny impact with, like, thirteen lines of numbers had it ever "worked". Recall its release and the snowball that followed that.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.