Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Ronimo and Awesomenauts in 2018
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:32 pm 

none of my interactions with chinese gamers have been positive so far in any other game, starting by the ping, i guess this is how ausies feel like

"Time to chew butt and kick tobacco"

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:37 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Gameinsky wrote:
Idk what game you're talking about, but if you're talking about dota then I'm going to use this moment to talk about how wrong you are about the devs ability to balance that game.
Seeing as Dota is the only game I know to have such a complexity and to have been nearly completely balanced at some point. (They veered off now because new patches are more about introducing fun to the game rather than putting everyone on equal grounding).

It was more about the constant flip-flopping concerning Riki (the particular Satyr in question).

Dota is a mechanical nightmare to balance and I have great respect for Valve considering how well it's doing. As you said, that has changed a little recently, so I don't see what was wrong about what I said originally.

Gameinsky wrote:
(Also, unpopular opinion, I know, but I do think the XP system wasn't a bad introduction, just didn't fix the main issue it was supposed to fix, it did fix a bunch of tohers in my eyes)

Are the things you feel the XP System fixed not actually things that could have been fixed without the system all together. There was a large balance patch at the same time.

Enemy wrote:
none of my interactions with chinese gamers have been positive so far in any other game, starting by the ping, i guess this is how ausies feel like

I didn't want to say this (because, you know, careful footing), but this is something to consider. I remember PUBG having a similar issue unless I'm mistaken.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Last edited by The Lord Protector on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:16 pm 

lord protector can you not use 'we' when talking about what the players want, i dont recall consenting to be represented by someone who hasnt played in half a year

thanks for the update robin!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:29 pm 

Good to hear.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:58 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
lord protector can you not use 'we' when talking about what the players want, i dont recall consenting to be represented by someone who hasnt played in half a year

For all you know, that was the royal "we".

At any rate, you'll find a lot of "the Renegades are bland" on here—it's where I got "napkin 'Nauts" from, in fact.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:27 pm 

everyone was kinda scared by your total lack of communication
why didn't you say something sooner? a lot of people legitimately thought you were staying quiet about this game so you could announce awesomenauts 2 or something
add valentina

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:51 am 

Glad to hear this. I honestly welcome this because my favorite time of balance in Nauts was when Nauts was in side-development with Swords & Soldiers. Smaller updates with more spaced out timings meant more basic stuff like Balance patches which is what I always anticipate from Nauts (Which is why it can be disappointing when characters come out and only the character comes out without any balance patches whatsoever)

I also don't understand the negativity from Lord Protector on the subject of you guys venturing
into other things. We've had this happen before, and back then the community reception was fine, Would they have rather had you say nothing?

S&S 2 on Switch/PC?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:36 am 

Morrowsaw wrote:
S&S 2 on Switch/PC?

That would be pretty great (and also happens to be Viking-themed! *gasp*)

Whatever it is, I hope it works out for you guys. It kinda sucked participating in the translation of that game and never getting to play it, since Nintendo just set sail and moved away from Brazil so getting a Wii U wasn't really feasible.

As for the new 'naut, I'm curious as to what type of character it'll be. Let's see what 2018 brings us.

we're giving this thread too much attention for its quality

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:57 am 

Morrowsaw wrote:
I also don't understand the negativity from Lord Protector on the subject of you guys venturing
into other things. We've had this happen before, and back then the community reception was fine, Would they have rather had you say nothing?

It wasn't negativity, just be prepared for there to be fewer updates that are smaller (unless Ronimo are about to double their staff).

Don't be surprised, either, if the time it takes for bugs to be fixed increases in line—given that some particularly nasty ones can liner for some time now, I can't say I'm really looking forward to seeing what it'll be like when Ronimo are occupied with something else.

None of that is negativity—it's an observation. I can't physically make it negative without... like, lying or something.

I'd also say that back in the day of parallel development with Swords & Soldiers, Awesomenauts was a much smaller game with fewer things that could go wrong. I'll be hugely surprised if any semblance of what we had before is brought back. You can quote me on that if I'm wrong.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:19 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
MrPillowTheGreat wrote:

For all you know, that was the royal "we".

At any rate, you'll find a lot of "the Renegades are bland" on here—it's where I got "napkin 'Nauts" from, in fact.

then maybe say 'a lot of forumers found the renegades bland" instead of lying

also i just felt like again writing down that you haven't played at least half the renegades, free to ignore this last sentence i just feel the compulsion to keep typing it

Last edited by MrPillowTheGreat on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.