Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: It ends not with a bang, but a very, very slow whimper..
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:05 am 

it's an indie game with an indie budget making AAA game mistakes, like priotizing monetization instead of quality of life changes, ib4 "Ronimo needs the money", no they don't, they went f2p and botched Awesomepoints, which do nothing at all

"Time to chew butt and kick tobacco"

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:16 pm 

Enemy wrote:
ib4 "Ronimo needs the money", no they don't

An indie video game company hiring 20+ developers do not need money. Sure. I would be curious to see your estimation of their actual benefit (net profit minus all charges)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:22 am 

potterman28wxcv wrote:
Enemy wrote:
ib4 "Ronimo needs the money", no they don't

An indie video game company hiring 20+ developers do not need money. Sure. I would be curious to see your estimation of their actual benefit (net profit minus all charges)

They have 20+ full time members now? That would mean total minimum of 100k euros/month for salaries, office costs, insurances, equipment software and servers etc (I counted 5k euros/person. When I worked in bigger studio the cost was calculated at 8kE/p so I am being generous with this figure). If a skin or naut costs 4 euros on avarage, it will profit them around 3 after taxes. (Or 2 euros if Steam takes its share of those too still). Nevertheless, they would need to sell over 30 000 skins or nauts every single month to stay profitable to support studio of 20+.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:13 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M4RwGwQslM

Watch this video and I guarantee you will appreciate what a great achievement Awesomenauts as a online multiplayer game is. The video is about the game Evolve which was a corporate rip-off and total disappointment for everyone who fell for the hype and played it. At one point in the video the Steam stats are being shown and Oh my.... This game died a sudden and brutal death.

We fight for a world without Blind where Nauts can teamfight freely. We stand united and make our voices heard. :rocco: This way, we can make Nauts a better game for our children. :jimmy: Fight the good fight. :ix: Remove Blind from the game. :thumb:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:33 am 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
IsoKoala wrote:
Nevertheless, they would need to sell over 30 000 skins or nauts every single month to stay profitable to support studio of 20+.

You do know they have more games for sale then just Awesomenauts right? Games like Proun and Swords and Soldiers 1 and 2. I don't think the sales are amazing but they should still be taken into consideration imo.

Samsonite58 wrote:
The video is about the game Evolve which was a corporate rip-off and total disappointment for everyone who fell for the hype and played it. At one point in the video the Steam stats are being shown and Oh my.... This game died a sudden and brutal death.

It can't be that bad rig-
Oh.....Oh no...

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:01 pm 

Samsonite58 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M4RwGwQslM

Watch this video and I guarantee you will appreciate what a great achievement Awesomenauts as a online multiplayer game is. The video is about the game Evolve which was a corporate rip-off and total disappointment for everyone who fell for the hype and played it. At one point in the video the Steam stats are being shown and Oh my.... This game died a sudden and brutal death.

Hey hey hey, pretty much all of the blame with Evolve lies with 2K and not with the game or the developers. That's not a very good example to use in this case

Not Ted McPain!
wodny wrote:
Alijar stop drinking that rocket fuel :think:
Jakob wrote:
Alijar pls :aylaroll:
Xelrog wrote:
Alijar's sig is the cheapest realty around. It's the trailer park of the Awesomenauts forums

Serving up Smiles everywhere

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:44 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Evolve also isn't a good example because the game died due to a lack of funding that prevented new content being released. Evolve was also a game working on the premise that, unless you were absolutely incredible at it, gameplay was no fun. It was also about as one-dimensional as it got.

Bad example all around, I'd say.

Ronimo are releasing new content. Credit where it's due. Of course, with a new game in the works, the flow might start to dwindle (read: will, absolutely undoubtably in every timeline).

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:27 pm 

Evolve also was triple-A with studio budget 20x bigger and advertisement budget 500x bigger than Awesomenauts, and shareholders and upper personnel demanding quick and steady results for their money. Not really comerable to a indie game.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:20 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
That too.

Ignoring Evolve for a moment, is there really anything to look forwards to for Awesomenauts that could possibly attract more players? I know I whine about bad content and a load of people start flapping their arms and honking at me like asthmatic geese, but I can't really see the situation improving (especially if Ronimo are split between maintaining Awesomenauts and their new project as well).

What are you all expecting to happen? Is there some great event I've not heard of that's going to change everything at the drop of a hat (like Galactron was supposed to and didn't)?

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:21 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
What are you all expecting to happen? Is there some great event I've not heard of that's going to change everything at the drop of a hat (like Galactron was supposed to and didn't)?

Well at this point it comes down to marketing rather than actual content. The game has to get eyes on it again which won't happen no matter how big a change they make unless they get the right people to notice them. I think the most Ronimo can do for Nauts is keep it alive while focusing on marketing (which doesn't seem impossible considering they just offered a position for marketing specifically.