Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Awesomenauts 2 - Release!
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:13 am 

Hey everyone!

I've gathered A LOT of feedback of everything you wanted and I created the game of your dream!

Balance is hard, I fixed balance.
- Removed all maps except Ribbit IV
- Removed all nauts except Nibbs
- No more droids, it was confusing for new players
- Since there are no more droids, removed turrets bullet as it made the game too hard.
- You can now see the enemy on the mini-map (it's not like you look at it anyway)
"Balance is hard, even more with multiples characters, multiples maps and droids"

General
- SERVERS! I DELIVER! With the power of a mega RASPBERRY PI you are now connected to other people through a server and the best software: Manactron
- Removed Awesomepoints because you complained they were useless
- Removed medals because they are too easy to get in bot matches
- Removed pause and scoreboard and KDA, just count in your head it isn't that hard. Also prevent you from blaming teammates
- Removed in game music and sounds as it disturbed people
- Since nobody complained on art, I decided to redraw everything by hand.
- Removed a lot of things, the list would be too long to list them here
- Moved the Map Editor and Leaderboard button to the main menu as the other menu doesn't exist anymore.
- Added bugs because it's fun.

Nibbs
- You can now walk while firebreathing
- Orb is now affected by gravity and breaks when it hits something
- Orb can teleport through wall if you aren't careful, don't forget you can teleport using F

Important notes
- I still don't know what happens if you join the main queue and the map editor
- If you leave a match you can't rejoin (netcode was wrote in legit 3 hours, I don't think you can make something more unstable than that)
- As I said, it run on a raspberryPI and the code is * so it may easily break.
- Match only starts when there are 6 people in the queue. If you want to force start open a new tab and press play.
- Yes, it works in multiplayer and you should be able to play something that looks like a game. It's not finished and I ran out of time but at this point I just want to sleep.

Credits
This "game" was made in Javascript using the Blapika game framework (made by me and my friend Chokapik) and jQuery.
The server uses NodeJS (I should stop using javascript everywhere though) and WebSockets
This game was made in one week. I had school and tests. I'm tired. You can't find a more dirty zork code in the world, I'm so ashamed of this code you can't even imagine so please don't look (or at least don't judge me)

Oh before I forget, here's the link: https://orikaru.net/nautsnauts

//TODO: SLEEP
It's 05:00, I should probably not do what I'm doing now because I will regret it. But I'm not home during April Fool and I don't want to miss this opportunity.

If you are interested in info of "behind the scenes" please tell me as I may write a blog post about it!

Replay finder

More tools here!

:tongue: :party:

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts 2 - Release!
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:44 am 

a highly authentic experience

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:45 am 

pretty good game but nibbs is kinda op in nauts 2 imo :voltarroll:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:46 am 
Adminaut

No Commander Rocket, it's everything I ever wanted in a game.

kathy wrote:
a highly authentic experience

Aus queue, 2018 (colourised)

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:54 am 

I'd like to report an unintentional bug, there's strangers on the loading screen. Who are these people and why are they all so beautiful.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:50 am 

Top 5 awesomenauts games.
5:awesomenauts the free to play 2-d moba from ronimo games the creators of swords and soldiers.
This is the third installment of the awesomenauts series and it added the innovative feature of being free to play, which is a never before seen element in moba styled games. The game features fast multiplayer action and the most characters in the series, but it also added some bad characters such as commander rocket, and world famous nu metal band front man, Fred Durst of limp biskit. Just a terrible game with no redeeming qualities other than being free, overall a game for the ages.

In number 4 we have: awesomenauts 2.
Awesomenauts 2 is the newest installment of the awesomenauts series and it features unprecedented balance. The game features fast multiplayer action and awesome character, this all comes at the expense of only having one playable character, but thankfully the game is free to play on games for windows live.

Coming in at number 3: roflnauts
Roflnauts was originally a prototype demo designed by masahiro sakurai and coded by the legendary. Gunpei yokoi with the purpose of bringing the classic awesomenauts character such as coco nebulon and sugar goblin to the Nintendo entertainment system, but little did they know, the game was possessed by an unspeakable evil, now the foolish samurai tries to undo the future that is aku.
The game features fast 2-d platforming action and coco nebulon.
Overall harry potter and the chamber of the grey wizard of oz is a terrible film (terrible film) and therefore deserves a perfect score.

Coming out of the closet in top ten Christmas themed awesomenauts vimeo vine compilations 2012 we have: awesomenauts.
Awesomenauts was a 2-D moba from Cuban developer. Lord joost tron 9000 and some coworkers from his local Norse Starbucks branch. Joost aimed to create the most advanced free to play 2-D moba from ronimo games the creators of swords and soldiers, but only half succeeded, because the game was not free to play. Awesomenauts features fast multiplayer action and a charming cast of characters including Congo nebulae and froggo baggins, front man of the infamous progressive techno trivial vapor trobe djent ska mix funk rock-hop fusion band, Fred durst and the kidzbop dudes. The game saw massive success, earning annual nominations for best screenplay, most innovative free to play 2-D moba from ronimo games the creators of swords and soldiers and the -i want a full refund award from steam reviews and 18 googles of dollars in merchandising and royalties. Ultimately the game is not worth playing today as no longer features fast multiplayer action and costs money, meaning its bad by today's standards.

And number 2 best free to play 2-D moba goes to. Moonlight!

ZiKe!
The winner is actually tony hawk's underground. The game has excellent level design, a quirky, memorable story with the unforgettable acting of custom skater, and Eric, who committed a crime against humanity by stealing the sacred helicopter hotel mctwist 360 jump on Hawaii footage and must therefore be punished with permadeath. The extremely iconic soundtrack, the KISS symphony tour special unlocks and much more. This is clearly the best 2-D moba and we should all be playing that instead.

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

Jas123c wrote:
kathy wrote:
muncher.gif

this is a very serious question, please help :(

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:54 am 

_olaffff wrote:
Top 5 awesomenauts games.
5:awesomenauts the free to play 2-d moba from ronimo games the creators of swords and soldiers.
This is the third installment of the awesomenauts series and it added the innovative feature of being free to play, which is a never before seen element in moba styled games. The game features fast multiplayer action and the most characters in the series, but it also added some bad characters such as commander rocket, and world famous nu metal band front man, Fred Durst of limp biskit. Just a terrible game with no redeeming qualities other than being free, overall a game for the ages.

In number 4 we have: awesomenauts 2.
Awesomenauts 2 is the newest installment of the awesomenauts series and it features unprecedented balance. The game features fast multiplayer action and awesome character, this all comes at the expense of only having one playable character, but thankfully the game is free to play on games for windows live.

Coming in at number 3: roflnauts
Roflnauts was originally a prototype demo designed by masahiro sakurai and coded by the legendary. Gunpei yokoi with the purpose of bringing the classic awesomenauts character such as coco nebulon and sugar goblin to the Nintendo entertainment system, but little did they know, the game was possessed by an unspeakable evil, now the foolish samurai tries to undo the future that is aku.
The game features fast 2-d platforming action and coco nebulon.
Overall harry potter and the chamber of the grey wizard of oz is a terrible film (terrible film) and therefore deserves a perfect score.

Coming out of the closet in top ten Christmas themed awesomenauts vimeo vine compilations 2012 we have: awesomenauts.
Awesomenauts was a 2-D moba from Cuban developer. Lord joost tron 9000 and some coworkers from his local Norse Starbucks branch. Joost aimed to create the most advanced free to play 2-D moba from ronimo games the creators of swords and soldiers, but only half succeeded, because the game was not free to play. Awesomenauts features fast multiplayer action and a charming cast of characters including Congo nebulae and froggo baggins, front man of the infamous progressive techno trivial vapor trobe djent ska mix funk rock-hop fusion band, Fred durst and the kidzbop dudes. The game saw massive success, earning annual nominations for best screenplay, most innovative free to play 2-D moba from ronimo games the creators of swords and soldiers and the -i want a full refund award from steam reviews and 18 googles of dollars in merchandising and royalties. Ultimately the game is not worth playing today as no longer features fast multiplayer action and costs money, meaning its bad by today's standards.

And number 2 best free to play 2-D moba goes to. Moonlight!

ZiKe!
The winner is actually tony hawk's underground. The game has excellent level design, a quirky, memorable story with the unforgettable acting of custom skater, and Eric, who committed a crime against humanity by stealing the sacred helicopter hotel mctwist 360 jump on Hawaii footage and must therefore be punished with permadeath. The extremely iconic soundtrack, the KISS symphony tour special unlocks and much more. This is clearly the best 2-D moba and we should all be playing that instead.

I wrote a 10,000 word essay telling you were wrong then when I reached the end you decided what I thought was right, and now I have a 10,000 word essay lying around. Time to spam it in awesomenauts 2 chat >.>

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:17 am 

Uiomancant wrote:
I'd like to report an unintentional bug, there's strangers on the loading screen. Who are these people and why are they all so beautiful.

So beautiful

Replay finder

More tools here!

:tongue: :party:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:56 am 

Blatoy wrote:
Uiomancant wrote:

So beautiful

It's like the dolls I keep in my basement.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:16 pm 

This is far too powerful

Not Ted McPain!
wodny wrote:
Alijar stop drinking that rocket fuel :think:
Jakob wrote:
Alijar pls :aylaroll:
Xelrog wrote:
Alijar's sig is the cheapest realty around. It's the trailer park of the Awesomenauts forums

Serving up Smiles everywhere