Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: What's the big deal with showing us who's premaking?
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:13 pm 

I mean Overwatch does it no problem, what's the big deal? At least when we go into a match we'll be more aware that we're playing against a premade so we need to play extra careful.

Just a thought I know you guys will probably say no anyway.

Post subject: Re: What's the big deal with showing us who's premaking?
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:27 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
...or you'll go into a match, see a three-stack premade, and immediately quit—why bother playing against enemies you're never going to beat?

Source: same principle as showing Leagues in-match.

Second Source: when we did show Leagues in-match, the above is exactly what happened.

Overwatch has the luxury of much more stringent abandoning punishments, the likes of which would be untenable in a P2P game like Awesomenauts. I can already taste the salted "I got punished because by internet connection died" from here.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post subject: Re: What's the big deal with showing us who's premaking?
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:29 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
...or you'll go into a match, see a three-stack premade, and immediately quit—why bother playing against enemies you're never going to beat?

Source: same principle as showing Leagues in-match.

Second Source: when we did show Leagues in-match, the above is exactly what happened.

Overwatch has the luxury of much more stringent abandoning punishments, the likes of which would be untenable in a P2P game like Awesomenauts. I can already taste the salted "I got punished because by internet connection died" from here.

Basically this.
Not only that but Overwatch has a functioning matchmaker that puts premades with other premades. This is a side effect of having a playerbase of more than 100 players and not having to force people to wait 5 minutes to find a match, but I digress.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: :think: #BuffBoiCow Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.