Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ronimo statement on recently gameplay issues?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 am
Posts: 2555
Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I'd be more than happy to.

_________________
Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ronimo statement on recently gameplay issues?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:38 am
Posts: 1
Gameinsky wrote:
ROnimo:
"We understand more than ever now that communication is important"
also ROnimo:
".."


Classic Ronimo. Well, they're trying their best, I'm sure. lol


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ronimo statement on recently gameplay issues?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:19 am 
Offline
Adminaut
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:57 pm
Posts: 12864
Location: lol
Robin wrote:
With all due respect, if you're going to cherry pick parts of my post and laugh, could I point you to the last bit where I say you can email robin@ronimo-games.com if you have concerns over this? You seem to harbor some incredible frustration, so please get in touch some time so we try and get through that outside of the forums.

I know this is gonna look like biased shilling with the gold name and all but for real, Robin took the time and day out to respond to something pretty long I sent them and did so within a rather quick timeframe (I haven't been able to respond back yet) so the email isn't for show. I feel Robin demonstrably gives a * and I don't think it's fair at all to rag on him for one thing he wrote in that thread just because a netcode bug took days to fix; it's a very realistic situation, trust me. I don't mean to make a "if you don't make X don't criticise X" remark but netcode is something of a mess that you well and truly have to start doing to understand how hard it is to debug and fix, especially on a low level like what Ronimo probably deals with. No easy-mode netcode modules to buy off the Unity store or anything.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ronimo statement on recently gameplay issues?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:29 am
Posts: 432
Location: Here in these forums (Diz Forced me!)
FishmanDerp wrote:
I know this is gonna look like biased shilling with the gold name and all but for real, Robin took the time and day out to respond to something pretty long I sent them and did so within a rather quick timeframe (I haven't been able to respond back yet) so the email isn't for show. I feel Robin demonstrably gives a * and I don't think it's fair at all to rag on him for one thing he wrote in that thread just because a netcode bug took days to fix; it's a very realistic situation, trust me. I don't mean to make a "if you don't make X don't criticise X" remark but netcode is something of a mess that you well and truly have to start doing to understand how hard it is to debug and fix, especially on a low level like what Ronimo probably deals with. No easy-mode netcode modules to buy off the Unity store or anything.

Yeah I'll never get why people have to complain even when they get what they want :/

Damned if you do
Damned if you don't and all that

_________________
Deeznauts wrote:
Have you lost your mom?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ronimo statement on recently gameplay issues?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2471
Location: Tomorrowland
Ronimo do talk, but only when you explicitly ask them to. I still think this is an issue because imo devs should communicate important things with their community from own accord.
Twitter is nice, but not everyone uses twitter.

Especially a game that rlies so much on its community for help.

_________________
My concise guide to balancing
Cynderp wrote:
The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ronimo statement on recently gameplay issues?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:50 am 
Offline
Adminaut
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:57 pm
Posts: 12864
Location: lol
Gameinsky wrote:
Ronimo do talk, but only when you explicitly ask them to. I still think this is an issue because imo devs should communicate important things with their community from own accord.
Twitter is nice, but not everyone uses twitter.

Especially a game that rlies so much on its community for help.

Many developers release big news like this to their Twitter and FB. This forum is fairly limited in its user coverage so it's lower priority. It'd still be nice though, not disagreeing with you. If I was still as into this game as I was 2-3 years ago I'd probably do it myself lol.

Lately though you see this sort of thing on public Discords too (an @everyone with the news), which Ronimo still lacks officially despite being like SuperSkype for gamers which I'd wager is at least 99.9% of their demographic as a game development studio. Might be worth them setting one up for spreading updates in another way as well as adding a form of community interaction that isn't as accessible for a sign-up forum.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ronimo statement on recently gameplay issues?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2471
Location: Tomorrowland
Yeah, I think discord would be nice. What can also be done is integrating a twitter freed into the forums (idk if you can do that here, but I've seen websites do that).


I know that in older times they refused to have a big public server of their own as they want to stay out of community stuff, but I think this would benefit them more than they'd lose out of it.
They'd also have more control over their community (unlike the group on Kai's server, where some people commanded them around cough cough)

Alas, Nauts is in its pension days... but it could still be worth it to make one.



Also, I'm not saying they shouldn't release stuff on twitter, but just twitter isn't enough imo.
They can screenshot and post that screenshot of the tweet on the forums for all I care, at least it's -something-.

I can't stand social media sites because they're not designed for ease of use but to promote as much random stuff as possible, so I usually stay out of it.

_________________
My concise guide to balancing
Cynderp wrote:
The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2