Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: NOW LIVE: Update 4.6
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:14 am 

Jasper wrote:
Uiomancant wrote:
Unless I'm doing something horrifically wrong- Head in a jar doesn't work. At all. I wanted to do a funny dps build, but now my dream has been ruined.

Under which circumstances? I've just gave him a quick go in try mode, and it all seemed to work.

I did spot a bug with the tooltip displaying the increased single-rocket damage as if every salvo will be multiplying used that value. But other than that the damage numbers ingame seemed correct.

Ah, I was going by tooltip and didn't think it was doing anything. I was doing something horrifically wrong.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:22 pm 

mugg1991 wrote:
Why did you have to change traps? He was fine except for the Starstorm portal abuse. Which is why I suggested to give a 0.5 sec debuff shield after using a portal.

The trap change and the duration reduction messes my Derpl up immensly. He was my main next to Frog but I'm probably going to drop him now. Slow and cocoon immunity is not a good reason for me to keep playing him.

When you changed Genji's jump mechanics, I had to drop him too because I couldn't adjust my playstyle. It feels really bad if something that you relied on and integrated in your playstyle is removed from the game. I also don't see the point of it. To make the game "fresh"? It adds no value for me at least. It makes me want to go away from a character and use whatever characters are left.

I can't see why you made Lonestar 4% faster. If anything, you could have reduced his speed to incentivize buying the now cheaper boots. He owns more than ever now, probably going to make him my replacement main.

I just tried playing Derpl and it was a disaster. It used to be one of my best characters, but you really nerfed him hard.

Trap placement is harder. I'm all fine with changing the duration of the traps - but please don't make them harder to place. There is no need to.

It's also harder to nuke-drop because of the change in acceleration.

Like the others said, he wasn't top tier before ; so why nerfing him, I have no idea. The only things that needed to nerf were the trap duration maybe. The rest was fine

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:36 am 

People coming to post about how mindless trapping was removed and you actually need to use it well now. This is rich.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:12 am 

While drop nuking does feel a bit clunky now (should probably either revert it fully or by about a half) you all are crying about nothing honestly. You just need to learn to play the new changes and he feels fine, if anything this patch is showing how many people needed to crutch fully on 2.4s snares to 'play' Derpl.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:20 pm 

S_Fits wrote:
People coming to post about how mindless trapping was removed and you actually need to use it well now. This is rich.

I forgot how people love to jump at each other throat as soon as someone disagrees with them instead of actually being constructive.

I don't think Derpl is an easy character to play. By making the traps harder to place, you make him harder to play when there is no need to. As far as i recall, the frustration came more from the duration of the traps rather than the way they were placed, or am I missing something ?

Balance wise, I don't see why it's not enough to just reduce snare duration.

Slevens wrote:
While drop nuking does feel a bit clunky now (should probably either revert it fully or by about a half) you all are crying about nothing honestly. You just need to learn to play the new changes and he feels fine, if anything this patch is showing how many people needed to crutch fully on 2.4s snares to 'play' Derpl.

You seem to imply that all people complaining are people who "needed to crutch fully on 2.4s snares", which is wrong. I'm currently complaining, and I never rushed the 2.4s upgrade because my builds were never focused around traps.

I am totally fine with the trap duration being nerfed.

I just don't know why the trap placement was modified. What was wrong with it? Why wasn't it enough to just reduce the trap duration?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:26 pm 

potterman28wxcv wrote:
I just don't know why the trap placement was modified. What was wrong with it? Why wasn't it enough to just reduce the trap duration?

If I remember right the reason behind this change was to nerf his effectiveness against melees since placing it while he was running was his way of countering melee chasers. In its current form Derpl's snares now have an animation warning that it's about to spawn, and follow Derpl for a bit before deploying meaning a melee who's paying attention can walk away before they get face snared. It's not perfect, but as someone who mains a melee character I quite enjoy the change.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:44 pm 

Slevens wrote:

Fall speed is the one thing that 100% needs reverting. I've been on and off the idea since it hit beta, and having played a good amount on live now, it definately feels bad, and makes Derpl slightly UP imo. The worst part about this isn't even nuke dropping, you can't dodge for * and slows now completely decimate your ability to jump.

I would like to see this hotfixed before the next patch. Now that the patch has been out a while, I think there are a few issues coming up with various things (ie Nibb's eternal flame bug), so I would like to see a hotfix at some point anyways.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:59 am 

I played derpl a bit after patch and it doesn't feel like some sort of post-apocalyptic situation, and did alright with him. The fall speed is a bit weird but it's not like the end of the world or anything.

However, I haven't played him enough for my opinion to be valid, and it could just be I had particularly weak opponents while playing him, even if one of the games were in a custom where I knew everyone.