Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Is this allowed by MM?
 Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:16 pm
Posts: 9459
Location: Washington, USA
ScR wrote:
I can bet I beat all of your unfair matchups! Just had a 3 solo L3s against L1+2 high L2 premade! :lolstar:

You act like this is bad. Matchmaking used to be WAY worse.

The better you get at the game, the worse matchmaking gets as there just simply aren't enough good players to match up together, same region or otherwise. If you're one of the players who get angry and shout at teammates playing poorly, talk smack about either allies or enemies, or act otherwise unsportsmanly ("ez"), then you're a significant part of the reason people don't stick around long enough to git gud and become viable opponents for you. I hope you're not one of those people, though.

(That was to anyone reading, not ScR specifically.)

_________________
Burningdillo wrote:


On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is this allowed by MM?
 Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:11 am
Posts: 406
Location: Mordor
Xelrog wrote:
You act like this is bad. Matchmaking used to be WAY worse.

The better you get at the game, the worse matchmaking gets as there just simply aren't enough good players to match up together, same region or otherwise. If you're one of the players who get angry and shout at teammates playing poorly, talk smack about either allies or enemies, or act otherwise unsportsmanly ("ez"), then you're a significant part of the reason people don't stick around long enough to git gud and become viable opponents for you. I hope you're not one of those people, though.

(That was to anyone reading, not ScR specifically.)

This was just a response to the OP. I got used to it. And I'm on the other side of what you described here - a noob. :thumb:

And before anyone says something: I didn't give up. This is stupid to play a match that cannot be won under any circumstances but I still played it.

_________________
Steam :party:
Luckytime wrote:
I can't imagine a universe where S&S is worth putting more energy into than Awesomenauts


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is this allowed by MM?
 Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 am
Posts: 2564
Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Don't worry, guys. As the game loses players due to the unworkable matchmaking (that many people here expressed a want for, mind you), the pool of players will dwindle, further worsening that effect.

Xelrog's right, though.

_________________
Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is this allowed by MM?
 Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:37 pm
Posts: 950
ScR wrote:
I can bet I beat all of your unfair matchups! Just had a 3 solo L3s against L1+2 high L2 premade! :lolstar:

ADD:
Oooooh yes!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Matchmaker doesn't work at all.
Image



Bright side is, that you probably lost only like 1-2 ranks due that. You can lose 20 matches like that in a row, win one of your own rank, and stay at the same spot.

But yeah, of course nobody wants to lose 20 unfair matches...

_________________
EgyptFalcon wrote:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is this allowed by MM?
 Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:11 am
Posts: 406
Location: Mordor
IsoKoala wrote:
Bright side is, that you probably lost only like 1-2 ranks due that. You can lose 20 matches like that in a row, win one of your own rank, and stay at the same spot.

But yeah, of course nobody wants to lose 20 unfair matches...

Actually it was 2.4 points (about 5 ranks). And for full L1 that's a lot. I lost -0.9 or so losing against one l1+2 high l2s before. Amount of played games is definitally involved here :shady:
Nah, screw ranks, I did 3/6 in that match, I consider that as far beyond my maximum skills :thumb:

_________________
Steam :party:
Luckytime wrote:
I can't imagine a universe where S&S is worth putting more energy into than Awesomenauts


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is this allowed by MM?
 Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:31 am
Posts: 478
Location: Confirmed, Sending Supplies
the solution is making the game F2P, that will bring droves of players

_________________
A New Reason To Play Awesomenauts

"Time to chew butt and kick tobacco"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is this allowed by MM?
 Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:37 pm
Posts: 950
Enemy wrote:
the solution is making the game F2P, that will bring droves of players


:yoolip: :yoolip: :yoolip: :yoolip:

Tbh, it did. They just didnt stay.

_________________
EgyptFalcon wrote:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is this allowed by MM?
 Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 am
Posts: 2564
Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Image

_________________
Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is this allowed by MM?
 Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:11 am
Posts: 406
Location: Mordor
Could someone explain me why I get a lot of points for a win and lose a little for a loss now (after reset)? These numbers became really weird.

How do they count that now? I remember losing a match with l1 teammate against lower league team was penalized harder than a disconnect. But now I can't see any patterns at all.

_________________
Steam :party:
Luckytime wrote:
I can't imagine a universe where S&S is worth putting more energy into than Awesomenauts


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is this allowed by MM?
 Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:16 pm
Posts: 9459
Location: Washington, USA
ScR wrote:
Could someone explain me why I get a lot of points for a win and lose a little for a loss now (after reset)? These numbers became really weird.

How do they count that now? I remember losing a match with l1 teammate against lower league team was penalized harder than a disconnect. But now I can't see any patterns at all.

Your opponents' ranks are relevant as well. You gain more points for beating an opponent you're not expected to beat (high level opponents) and lose fewer points for losing against them.

Unless you're facing total scrubs and that's happening, in which case I can't explain it.

_________________
Burningdillo wrote:


On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next