Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Is this allowed by MM?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:50 am 

In this match, R5L3J0, one team is build of L1,L1,L2 against L1,L2,L3. How is it possible to mix two L1 against only one L1 with L3? MM should be given a rule when there are two L1 to never give an L3 player to the opposite team... it will always mean defeat... Unless these L1's are drunk!

I have seen more of that combinations... I dont know if this was talked about, but either way L3 and above should not engage Two L1's. With that typo these L3 cant learn anything, because they are simply not given a chance and a fair play...

Post subject: Re: Is this allowed by MM?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:43 am 

Either lack of players that queue or L3 was duo with his teammate or L1 guys were duo. It's not uncommon

I miss the old :voltarroll:

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:46 am 

It could also be the MM trying to minimise the impact that ping has on the match.

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:01 pm 

LackOfSkill wrote:
In this match, R5L3J0, one team is build of L1,L1,L2 against L1,L2,L3. How is it possible to mix two L1 against only one L1 with L3? MM should be given a rule when there are two L1 to never give an L3 player to the opposite team... it will always mean defeat... Unless these L1's are drunk!

I get this bs all the time. This is how it works. Lose like a man! Or be able to 1v2 l1s faster than your noobmate feeds.

LackOfSkill wrote:
I have seen more of that combinations... I dont know if this was talked about, but either way L3 and above should not engage Two L1's. With that typo these L3 cant learn anything, because they are simply not given a chance and a fair play...

It teached me one main thing about games like this: 'You simply have to play those 3000 hours through to git gud'. No matter who your opponents are.

eddster27 wrote:
It could also be the MM trying to minimise the impact that ping has on the match.

Well sometimes it tries a bit too hard. I'd have better chances to do something in evenly matched game with 200 pings than having l3 team vs you with better connection. How many times we were in the same match? It's always the same. Your team wins. It's an axiom. This is not fun for anyone. Too much of a skill gap.

And there's one more thing. Stop blaming the weakest player in your team for a loss! Git better and carry 1v2!
In last session I had 2 autodefeats because of high l2 players. One of them just leaved right after the game started (when you can see the ranks), the other one was whining we feed too much (ok, us noobs died 2 times in first 3 mins, not a big deal) and quit. We almost won that one 2v3 after that. Pity that bots can't abandon the base with turrets down.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:14 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Two scenarios:

• We favour rank over ping

Finding matches takes forever and, if you're willing to wait that long, you're most likely going to be against people playing from the dark side of Venus with ping values like phone numbers.

• We favour ping over rank

You find lots of matches where you're either nowhere near good enough to win, or nowhere near bad enough to lose. Might as well flip a coin and attribute the win to that.

Enjoy your choice, and remember that it will only get worse as the playerbase dwindles, which will in turn make the playerbase dwindle even faster.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:58 pm 

I'd honestly prefer to play vs 150-200 ping like I used to if it meant my games were actually fair.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:45 pm 

I am willing to bet that this happened:

L1&L1 premade and one L2 soloque.
Vs
L1 soloque and L2&L3 premade.

The MM prefers premades versus premades, and since the L1 premade is stronger than the other,
it put soloque L1 to help the weaker premade. I constantly face premades much higher than my rank due to MM prefering to set Premade vs. Premade (although our "premade" is just a couch coop lol). :cocoon:

Also it could be combined effort that L1 soloque was the strongest one, and MM tried to find a little weaker team for him for this reason. This pattern style also happens to us a lot; rank 300+rank 500+rank 700 vs rank 100+rank 3000+rank 3000. :table:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:23 pm 

I take my words back! Let there be 5 l1s in a match all the time! But no more of those salty ragequitting l2s!
Saw a noob? Ooooh we're gonna lose nooooo! I quit!!! Blah blah blah! Screw them.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:29 pm 

Well, I can go against the same premade (I don't mind, they don't really group up and play super tryhardy, just a bunch of dudes playing) multiple times in a row by the fact they're in my region.

Ranks get super weird there, cause usually there's a 400 queuing with a 3500, but it's usually alright.

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:48 am 

I can bet I beat all of your unfair matchups! Just had a 3 solo L3s against L1+2 high L2 premade! :lolstar:

ADD:
Oooooh yes!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Matchmaker doesn't work at all.