Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: My "tier list"
 Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:13 pm 

eddster27 wrote:
Sam! wrote:
And yes I think qi'tara is hot trash after 4.6, SSS isn't even an ability anymore. Just pick ayla if you want melee DPS, or chucho if you want the best DPS.

You are playing a different qi'tara than I am.

I don't know. Which one of you plays the Qi'tara with 300 base DPS and 600 DPS with base SSS ?

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:33 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
People have different opinions on balance?

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:43 pm 

Never understood that why is Penny concidered so high. Id rather have a L1 Penny than rank 1000 full tank-teams. Even the best Pennies cant really carry their matches if their teams lacks, unlike Rae and pre-nerf Derpl did. When it comes to squishy Assassins, Froggies can be so much deadlier. Penny is not bad, but not an S.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:00 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
Never understood that why is Penny concidered so high. Id rather have a L1 Penny than rank 1000 full tank-teams. Even the best Pennies cant really carry their matches if their teams lacks, unlike Rae and pre-nerf Derpl did. When it comes to squishy Assassins, Froggies can be so much deadlier. Penny is not bad, but not an S.

Penny's early-game is top 5. The only thing dragging her down is mediocre mid-game scaling, but not enough to go lower than a solid A tier.

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:38 pm 

eddster27 wrote:
Sam! wrote:
And yes I think qi'tara is hot trash after 4.6, SSS isn't even an ability anymore. Just pick ayla if you want melee DPS, or chucho if you want the best DPS.

You are playing a different qi'tara than I am.

She still has damage but it's so damn easy to shut her down. It's basically the ksenia effect where if you stick, she's not going to get away with anything because SSS isn't the "dive into 3 people and win" ability anymore. She can't defend or push either which is a huge deal at the moment. I just don't see what she can bring to the table that other fighters with the same or higher damage can do since they also fill other roles (chucho is amazing at push, the best harass, and great in teamfights because of nitro, while still being able to 100-0 everyone except tanks on his own, for example)

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:16 pm 

Sam! wrote:
I just don't see what she can bring to the table that other fighters with the same or higher damage can do since they also fill other roles (chucho is amazing at push, the best harass, and great in teamfights because of nitro, while still being able to 100-0 everyone except tanks on his own, for example)

We probably shouldn't take Chucho's bike combo as a gold standard. The damage/solar ratio is completely off the chart for how easy it is to land.

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:44 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:

Tiers are about potential, they are not "pick X and win". Some of the nauts just has a skill ceiling so high that they jump to S tier despite being "nah, not the best". Just ask eddster, I'm too bad with Penny to confirm this.

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:26 am 

Though what's everyone's thoughts on cmdr rocket? Am I right to assuming he's weak or is there something Im missing?

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:06 am 

Rocket is weird. He was never really that strong in the first place just incredibly safe. Now he's less in all those departments, and had nerfs specifically targeting the most prevalent playstyle he had which was just tapping all the buttons at once cause he has no animation times.

Now he feels like he doesn't really contribute a ton in my experience he's still extremely safe, but I don't see them clean up kills, or do much of anything in the current patch. Then again maybe I just haven't seen any good Rockets to prove me wrong yet.

I'd personally say he's C or B tier at most.

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:06 am 

Qitara for me is around mid-low C. She still has very nice burst. At level 1 it's 220, 220 then 250, or 690 burst. Upgrades used are amplify and damage. Base damage is 540 for all hits or 360 with the shift and run. The last hit is rather hard to land however, but is still 440 damage if you land, shift and tp back. If you somehow surprise a poor soul with this you're likely to kill them outright.

There's a ton of damage potential on her, and has great 1v1, but in teamfights the best you can do is amp, then clean up with SSS.

I stole the numbers from protectors vault, don't arrest me.