Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Rest in peace, Vinnie
 Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:27 am 

As I read about these news this morning, I was devastated.
He was an inspiration to me, not just as a great content creator and the voice behind Vinnie, one of my favorite 'nauts, but because he put up a good fight against the cancer, proving that never giving up takes you far.
When I first heard about his cancer diagnosis in 2014, I didn't expect him yo make it to the next year. Yet still he graced us with his honest opinions in gaming industry even in 2018.
As the news kept sinking into me during my morning classes, I was holding back the tears.

Today we suffer a great loss.
But rather than dwell on this loss for too long, let us celebrate the fact such great man has lived.

I suppose we're not getting Vinnie skins with new lines anytime soon, huh?

Steam: jayemraichu (name: JayEmPlays)
Mah YouTube Channel (AwesoMondays!)

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:05 am 

John was an idol and inspiration of mine. His impact on the gaming industry and the Internet as a whole will not soon be forgotten. A bastion of truth and transparency, this man always put the consumer first because he knew it was the community that kept gaming alive and thriving. He understood better than most the meaning of respect, and the importance of being genuine. He was a voice I could trust, and although a controversial figure at times, John was never afraid to speak for what he believed was right, and stick up for the little guy, even if it meant receiving abuse as a result.

Diagnosed with cancer in 2014, John put up a valiant fight until the very end, and almost beat the disease on multiple occasions. It’s rare to see such determination and resilience in the face of death, but John never gave up hope. It's difficult to believe he's gone. He did not deserve to be taken so early. My heart goes out to his family and friends in this time of grief.

R.I.P. John “TotalBiscuit” Bain, 1984 - 2018

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:17 am 

Haven't graced these forums in a very long time but came back to see the reaction. I was introduced to Awesomenauts through Totalbiscuit's WTF Is Awesomenauts video. Truly a voice of my youth...

Will always remember how he thought he did a rubbish job of voicing Vinny and Spike but he didn't do too bad.

Last edited by Emanuel123 on Fri May 25, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:30 pm 

I don't know what to say other than Rest In Peace.

Gameinsky wrote:
in army time 9 + 5 actually equals 14, but if you use AM/PM system 9 + 5 = 2

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:42 pm 

RIP

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:09 pm 

Came back to thank TB here, since I remember him most from the times I was active in this form. I remember watching his stuff religiously, going back to when TB and Jesse were lets playing Terraria in 2011. I cannot express how much I'll miss him, he was a good guy.

I don't know if this was already said or linked but there is a gofundme for the family.

https://www.gofundme.com/TotalBiscuit

I'll be donating when I get the chance. It's there if anyone is interested.

|Android form app (super old)|
─▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░██░█
█░▀▀█▀▀░▄▀░▄▀░░▀▀░▄▄░█
█░░░▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░██░▀▀░█
─▀▄▄▄▄▄▀─────▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

Post subject: Re: RIP TotalBiscuit
 Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:47 pm 

Hm. Guess this was important enough to be moved to General.
Boy Skylark wrote:

That image genuinely depressed me. Good job Skylark.
Skolldir should maybe be there though. The Yogscast were fairly good friends with John for awhile.

Also:
Luckytime wrote:
I guess most people here will know him through the character Vinnie, but to me he was more a voice of reason in a sick society. He talked about more than just videogames, and you could tell by the way he spoke that he had principals. I didn't watch most of his content but I did try and catch his opinion on any politically or culturally relevant issues with his long-form monologue videos. He had the right mix of values, humor, presentation and leadership which is rare among the population. I know people die everyday on this planet, but you can't care about everyone equally, it would make it impossible to live a normal life. TB was one of those people for whom I reserved my freedom to care. See you on the other side you absolute legend of a man. :tear:

A lot of people have been critical of TotalBiscuit on the internet as of late. (I mean, before his death.) At least that's what I saw people saying in regards to him before this news. But regardless of all the questionable things he's done (believe me there are a lot of things that would make a few people raise eyebrows, even before the more recent events) he had an amazing impact on games media and gaming as a whole.
John Bain was human. He was a game's journalist and a YouTuber and a celebrity, yes, but above all he was human. He's made mistakes, but he's done great things as well. And I hope he will be remembered for all the good he has done, both big and small.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: :think: #BuffBoiCow Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:54 am 

I feel like it's the Nth time I write this, but I don't care and neither should you.

Whatever you agreed, disagreed or had issues with John's content, for me the guy was amazing and introduced me to so many games I've had great time with, Awesomenauts, but he also made me aware of the problems in ports and games I was about to buy and thanks to him I was saved from some pretty big disappointments. It might not sound like much, but he was a hero to me, always putting consumers first and all. While I never got a chance to met him personally and now for sure I never will, I will still miss him.

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:23 pm 

Yous gonna be sleeping with the fishes, see? :clap:

Dont get offended. Its just a line I love. Rip.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:43 pm 

the polaris civil war on awesomenauts video was the last straw that convinced me to give this game a shot and I distinctly remember striking a huge grin when I unlocked vinnie and spike through the old leveling system and hearing.

-I'm the biggest fish in this town! myeh... that evening was * awesome :clap: (and purple)

I didn't actively watch his videos, but I did check some of his reviews from time to time, made me pick up more than a couple of stellar games.

what can I say? intelligent, funny and a classic content creator. He will be missed.

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

Jas123c wrote:
kathy wrote:
muncher.gif

this is a very serious question, please help :(