Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Some Suggestions to Balace the community.
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:31 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Inherently competitive games are always going to devolve into mindless mudslinging, especially where partitioning the blame onto your allies and enemies is possible.

It is literally inescapable. If you don't like that, turn the chat off. Boom—thread resolved. Problem mitigated. Community happy.

This thread, along with that damn taunt one, are precisely what I meant when I said "state-sanctioned fun". You may communicate, dear citizen, but only as we dictate. Enjoy your stay, Wilson Smith.

Stop trying to inconvenience everyone in the game when the solution to your problem already exists in its entirety, and will only affect you. That's like nuking your hometown because you don't like colony of ants living by your apple tree: entertaining but disproportionate.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:53 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Stop trying to inconvenience everyone in the game when the solution to your problem already exists in its entirety, and will only affect you. That's like nuking your hometown because you don't like colony of ants living by your apple tree: entertaining but disproportionate.

I mean, God flooded the earth because he wasn't happy with it during Noah's ark.

These threads are people's voice. It doesn't matter how "inescapable" it is. It's wrong.
And there's absolutely nothing wrong with being against it. You can ignore them, or stand up against them. Everyone has the right to make a choice and share ideas to make things more enjoyable for everyone (my title of this thread says "Suggestions"). Just like you have the right speak out and be tired of seeing these threads. But I honestly don't think it will stop. Just let people speak.

My Awesomenauts Blog!

TWO-FOUR-SIX-EIGHT: PUT SOME COOKIES ON MY PLATE

NINE, TEN, SIX-ELEVEN, RE-HEATED COOKIES TASTE LIKE HEAVEN!

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:14 pm 

Someone else deciding that you are no longer allowed to enjoy the game in a particular way is also wrong.

SandyDragginz wrote:
Just let people speak.

exceptionally ironic way to end your point there.

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:22 pm 

We're just debating the existence of law at this point.

Obviously the ideal world would be one of total freedom in which laws weren't necessary. Unfortunately, people are horrible to each other, so we have laws. Real world, ingame, makes no difference. Both philosophies exist and will forever be at odds.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:00 pm 

Eddster I said suggestions. It’s even in the topic title. Making suggestions you think will rectify issues isn’t wrong. They’re ideas brought up by someone, discussed, and usually get implemented by majority. That’s how everything works. Speaking up is always the first step wether it’s a good idea or not.

My Awesomenauts Blog!

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:26 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
You are right, for the record, especially about the "majority" bit. Given that there's very little support (and absolutely nothing like a majority) for your suggestions, I don't see any reason—according to your own reasoning—why we can't express our desire not to implement them.

They've been discussed at this point.

Xelrog wrote:
We're just debating the existence of law at this point...

I'm not sure if this is in support of not having chat bans or not. It's a very good point in support of not having chat bans, by the way, so for the benefit of the doubt, I'll assume it is.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:47 am 

No you do have the right to say otherwise why they shouldn't be a thing. the subject in matter is merely the excess of the toxicity threads and how they relate to an issue.

My Awesomenauts Blog!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:01 am 

What do you mean by "they shouldn't be a thing"? These suggestions? I never said you can't propose them—just be prepared for no one to like them.

You don't like that people can taunt you with the in-game chat, and that they often do it after a match is decided? That's fine; disable the in-game chat. Your problem is instantaneously resolved. I'm happy. Everyone else here is happy. Hell, even GuyBrush is happy. That's a good thing. This even resolves a problem you're not proposing: some players spam the chat to annoy enemies by causing a distraction. That's, like, four birds with one stone.

Naturally, instead of just doing that (the thing that already exists in the game), we need to entirely remove the chat from players after one of the Solar Drills is destroyed. Again, the nuke metaphor comes to mind.

I forgot to reply to the point about the scoreboard. You want what HotS does, and I can tell you from experience that it doesn't fix the problem in any way, shape, or form. I'd argue it actually keeps it just as bad, because then you get the "shut up and listen to me because I have the most structure damage" and "you've only dealt 8,000 damage? What are you, AFK?" players.

Quantifying your success on a scoreboard only goes so far. Dota is a crash course in that.

I swear, I'm not paid to endorse Dota. No pitchforks.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:10 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
I never said you can't propose them—just be prepared for no one to like them.

l
l
v

Stop trying to inconvenience everyone in the game when the solution to your problem already exists in its entirety, and will only affect you.

All I'm saying is it's a message board. The subject is going to likely keep coming up because it's an ongoing issue. And take each suggestion one at a time. Not everyone wants to just hit the mute button...That's another issue that I don't have the energy to write a novel on right now.

My Awesomenauts Blog!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:15 am 

Oh, I see.

For the record, "stop trying to inconvenience everyone" means "no, this shouldn't be implemented", not "please stop talking on the forums".

I'm not DeezNauts.

It's still a horrific idea, though, and one with near-zero support.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote: