Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post subject: Re: ronimo's sketchy decisions - what do you think?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:32 pm 

potterman28wxcv wrote:
On my end I am just disappointed that the secret project was just something about S&S

ronimo has been so unsubtle about it that people have been calling it for months
i know it sucks that their "secret project" was just a port of a crappy old game but i don't think there's any room for disappointment when the whole thing was so predictable

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:43 pm 

kathy wrote:
potterman28wxcv wrote:
On my end I am just disappointed that the secret project was just something about S&S

ronimo has been so unsubtle about it that people have been calling it for months
i know it sucks that their "secret project" was just a port of a crappy old game but i don't think there's any room for disappointment when the whole thing was so predictable

Believe it or not, I wasn't aware of the rumor until the official announcement. And I really thought they were going to make a new game.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:10 pm 

with ronimo posting swords & soldiers content everywhere, it wasn't even a rumor
someone even asked what they're up to and they responded with a music track from the game

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:00 pm 

kathy wrote:
with ronimo posting swords & soldiers content everywhere, it wasn't even a rumor
someone even asked what they're up to and they responded with a music track from the game

I'm not on their Facebook and I don't have Twitter, if these are the media you are referring to. As for Reddit, didn't see anything.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:00 am 

potterman28wxcv wrote:

I didn't realize the secret project was about that game until I read this :lolstar:
That's really a shame. I'm about to sound really dismissive of S&S but oh well, here goes: I can't imagine a universe where S&S is worth putting more energy into than Awesomenauts. Who's out there shouting their love for that game from the rooftops?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:43 am 

Bummer, I didnt realize this was the "new" project either. I thought SS2s PC version was just a quickie side project to put out for fund their secret completely new IP.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:01 am 

IsoKoala wrote:
Bummer, I didnt realize this was the "new" project either. I thought SS2s PC version was just a quickie side project to put out for fund their secret completely new IP.

Maybe they still have a secret project though. But when they announced they would stop focusing on Awesomenauts, they said there would soon be more infos about the secret project. And the only info we had is about S&S2.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:25 pm 

itd be the most ronimo thing to have a non s&s viking game in the works and they just let everyone assume it was s&s lol

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:52 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Swords and Soldiers is fun but it's not really got any replayability. You sort of play it and go "this is okay" and then never pick it up again. This is especially noticeable if you look at the hours played of the Steam reviews for the first one.

Those reviews are good reviews, don't get me wrong, and the Steam version might have a little more going on than the dead-in-the-water original release, but I can't see it really taking off the same way a new game would. Mainly because Swords and Soldiers 2 is not a new game in any sense of the word.

Ronimo really does need to put something fresh out to draw the masses back in. Rereleasing things that already exist doesn't stoke the flames of interest so much as it looks at the dying flicker of semi-lucidity and goes "hey, that's neat—oh and it's dead".

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:07 pm 

I`d quote Lord Protectors post for truth, but cannot, since the Swords and Soldiers banner (invicible part of it) at the right of the screen is overlapping my quote button and I can`t click it lol.

Anyway, so very true, SS is a fun little game you play once, and if you have players online, you play few matches online and get fun out of it. Id give it a mildly positive review at steam and buy a sequel (10-15 dollars if more content than the first one, 20 dollars since Im a sucker and want the Awesomenauts skin). Well, thats good enough in my books, - to have small games I enjoy playing for 3-10 hours and thats it.

But when I got an impression that Ronimo is working on something completely new, I was disappointed to hear its just SS2 PC remake thats just a game that was released a long time ago for another platform.

Like hearing from Team 17 (as an 90s gamer) that they are making SOMETHING GREAT NEW UNIQUE THING THEY HAVE TO FOCUS ON AND STOP EVERYTHING ELSE FOR NOW, and it turns out to be Worms Armageddon World War Deluxe Plus.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next