Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Request
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:56 pm 

arghyad1 wrote:
The leaderboard needs to be reset more than once every half a year for this game.

Fixed.

But truth be told I do agree. One of the biggest problems that is at the root of most if not all complaints about this game (matchmaker, unfair matches, stale meta, cheap unfun free win characters etc. etc. etc.) are caused at their root by the leaderboards. If the leaderboards were better the matchmaker would find fairer matches, and the meta at different ranks would change (instead of good players picking tryhard comps every game.)

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: :think: #BuffBoiCow Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:00 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
The game does not have a large enough playerbase to make any of that possible.

End of story.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:52 pm 

Yeah, matchmaking won't get any better without more players.

Leaderboards, though, could function just fine on separate values with the current number of players, or less.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:14 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
What idea do you have in mind?

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:54 pm 

A simple numbers system with no attachment to matchmaking. Gain X points for winning, lose X points for losing.

It could stand to be a bit more complex than that, of course, but even something as dog simple as that would be an improvement over the current state. For more depth, take into account scoreboard contributions to the match... but I would be wary of taking ally/opponent ranking into account, else you have to deal with the issue of leaderboard toppers having no one above them to fight. And again, rank decay, so that not playing doesn't cement a person's leaderboard ranking.

All it really needs is a simple points system like the count used in competitive leagues, that's all. I rank in X position in the Smash Melee league because I've won X matches, gotten X knockouts, and X deaths.

Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:31 am 

Xelrog wrote:
A simple numbers system with no attachment to matchmaking. Gain X points for winning, lose X points for losing.

Yes, & that X points should be consistent throughout the season.

Also, if stats are to be taken into account, it can't be only kills & death; all sorts of stats (droid damage, tower damage, healing, CC duration on opponents, etc etc) can turn a game of awesomenauts around on its own, & all of them should be valued (or even flat same X points for each player on the team also works if this is too complicated, but only kills & death is unfair to lots of nauts).

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:49 am 

arghyad1 wrote:
Xelrog wrote:

Yes, & that X points should be consistent throughout the season.

Also, if stats are to be taken into account, it can't be only kills & death; all sorts of stats (droid damage, tower damage, healing, CC duration on opponents, etc etc) can turn a game of awesomenauts around on its own, & all of them should be valued (or even flat same X points for each player on the team also works if this is too complicated, but only kills & death is unfair to lots of nauts).

Assists account for if an enemy was hit or CC'd by a character shortly before dying, I believe. The only thing that isn't on the scoreboard I think might be important would be ally healing, since that isn't shown.

Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:05 pm 

Tbh add rating decay, remove the complete ass system where you gain less rating after 150 games and reset boards AT LEAST everything three months on an automated system instead of this stupid manual system which takes forever for players to convince the devs to reset the boards.

Unless some other worldly entity makes this game super popular we're never gonna get a good leaderboard system, but at remedy the stupidity of the current one so vets have an incentive to continue playing after the first few weeks of a leaderboard.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.