Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Help with the mute system?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:56 am 

How do mutes work in this game?

Someone was insulting a lot in the chat today, so I said that before showing off how skilled they are they should learn politeness (I have physical proof of it).

Shortly after that, I ate a 12-24(not sure what that means) hours mute, which is crippling for my gameplay as I can't ping or give any strategy to my team. (And yes, pings and communication is important)

How does it work? A few people report gives a mute? Are they even reviewed? Why is it written 12-24h instead of a specific number? Why can't we even ping in-game while muted? Stuff like defend or attack?

I always confuse them for the main message

Post subject: Re: Help with the mute system?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:19 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I find it very hard to believe that you were automatically muted for something so allegedly benign.

If you could show what was said, that would help.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:57 am 

To mute someone, simply press tab to bring up the scoreboard.
Right click on the player you want to mute, select options.
In the popup that appears, scroll down through 3/4 of the options.
Select "Report player.."
In the popup that appears, press CTRL+ALT+M (mute). wait 2 seconds and press P ("player")
in the mute confirmation popup, simply confirm that you want to mute the player.
Ronimo will SMS you a 7 digit confirmation code that you must simply type into the next 2 screens. If you did not set up 3-step Authentication, simply restart your client and start at step 3.
Press OK
Press OK
Press OK
Press Cancel
Press Tab

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:58 am 

Winek wrote:
How do mutes work in this game?

Someone was insulting a lot in the chat today, so I said that before showing off how skilled they are they should learn politeness (I have physical proof of it).

Shortly after that, I ate a 12-24(not sure what that means) hours mute, which is crippling for my gameplay as I can't ping or give any strategy to my team. (And yes, pings and communication is important)

How does it work? A few people report gives a mute? Are they even reviewed? Why is it written 12-24h instead of a specific number? Why can't we even ping in-game while muted? Stuff like defend or attack?

The click your name, click report and click alright 15+ times. Boom, you're muted for a day.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:58 am 

Muting someone is something only individual players can do to others; it sounds like you're talking about a chat ban. I don't know the details of how that works, but I think there is an brief auto-ban if enough people report you?

If a chat ban disables your ability to use Attack/Defend/Help (there is no "ping" in this game), then this is the first I've been made aware. I've never been banned, so I wouldn't know.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:03 am 

Xelrog wrote:
Muting someone is something only individual players can do to others; it sounds like you're talking about a chat ban. I don't know the details of how that works, but I think there is an brief auto-ban if enough people report you?

If a chat ban disables your ability to use Attack/Defend/Help (there is no "ping" in this game), then this is the first I've been made aware. I've never been banned, so I wouldn't know.

When some feather-based organism decided it would be funny to chatmute me, I couldn't use general/party/match chat, ingame chat of any kind or 1/2/3 or 4.

Quality community mvp am I right

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:11 am 

Uiomancant wrote:
Xelrog wrote:

When some feather-based organism decided it would be funny to chatmute me, I couldn't use general/party/match chat, ingame chat of any kind or 1/2/3 or 4.

This is incredibly misleading for newer players who may stop by the forum - being unable to communicate with this community is most certainly a big plus, not the other way around.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:52 pm 

monkeybusiness wrote:
Uiomancant wrote:

This is incredibly misleading for newer players who may stop by the forum - being unable to communicate with this community is most certainly a big plus, not the other way around.

MVP = "Most Valuable Player," meaning a single individual. He wasn't talking about the whole community. Though the ingame community is sure to drive away more players than it keeps.

Anyway, I thought multiple people needed to place the report in order for an auto-ban to happen. Can one person really spam the command over and over to make it happen, without alts? Is this not accounted for?

Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:16 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I still die a little when someone says that Awesomenauts' community is toxic.

Have none of you ever played... well, any other MOBA? I'm pretty sure even Mario Teaches Typing could be considered nasty by today's standards.

At any rate, I'm moderately to very certain that the auto-mute ("silence", "chat gag", whatever we want to call it) can still come about from a single player spamming reports.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:17 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
I still die a little when someone says that Awesomenauts' community is toxic. Have none of you ever played... well, any other MOBA?

Sure. And Arizona isn't as dry as the Sahara. They're both still pretty damn dry.

Who's Your Awesomenaut?