Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Last patch was April 20th, when can we get a new hotfix?
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:15 pm 

You'd think so, but Smiles Hook was screwed up in beta 2 by an attempt to fix it because it was linked to a larger bug. The skill aiming visual bug.

Sometimes it isn't simple, but I understand where some of this is coming from, but yeah lots of bugs happen in an attempt to fix bugs. There are lots of examples of that.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:39 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I don't think anyone is going to try and defend some of the long-standing bugs in this game because it'd be really crass to try.

Ronimo doesn't have all the forces of Hell at their disposal like Valve does, but that doesn't excuse some of the conceptually simple issues—like Sentry's attack speed value being flat-out wrong. I mean, I'm not very familiar with Ronitech, but let's stop kidding ourselves: it can't be that hard to fix. This community is pretty good with finding bugs and documenting them, and a little more activity wouldn't go a miss.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:24 pm 

Yeah... I get it that they dont want to break more things when making hotfixes - they have done that too and its an understandable fear, but if there is something like Sentrys attack speed value being wrong, fixing it is just modifying one float value in one file, and would be done quicker than writing a reply to this topic, really.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:42 pm 

yes 3 betas to figure out how to change the attack speed value on sentry (which btw is the exact same bug that happened -twice- on hydro smash). how can anyone actually assess that bug and feel like ronimo didnt take a plain stupid and probably just lazy amount of time to address it. i literally started and concluded a month long tournament during the span of which they did that, UMA did an entire event,if we spend all this time doing stuff for free for their game, then they can take 5 minutes to change an number in the system.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:03 am 

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
yes 3 betas to figure out how to change the attack speed value on sentry (which btw is the exact same bug that happened -twice- on hydro smash). how can anyone actually assess that bug and feel like ronimo didnt take a plain stupid and probably just lazy amount of time to address it. i literally started and concluded a month long tournament during the span of which they did that, UMA did an entire event,if we spend all this time doing stuff for free for their game, then they can take 5 minutes to change an number in the system.

To me it feels like that also. Ronimo is a great developer but sometimes I just cannot comprehend why they make certain decisions.
I'd like to understand Ronimo's point of view why they didn't think it was necessary to hotfix these bugs.
It feels a bit redundant to ask for all these volunteers, to then ignore some of the mayor bugs they report and then only fix them in a beta several months after.

I personally was hoping for a balance hotfix about 2 months ago, let alone a bug hotfix. The current meta is in need of a hotfix on so many levels. Most people I talk to agree with me on this, I think these people would play more if they would enjoy the current meta more.

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:08 am 

Jas123c wrote:
I'd like to understand Ronimo's point of view why they didn't think it was necessary to hotfix these bugs.

I would guess because new players don't know about them/aren't likely to be leaving because of them. If Sentry's upgrade was supposed to increase attack speed by 33% and instead increased it by 330%, that would be quite a bit more obvious to non-veterans.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:28 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Bugs like Sentry's attack speed affect veterans just as much as they do new players.

Laziness is not excusable just because we're more likely to be forgiving. That's called taking your veterans for granted, and nothing kills developer support faster than that—apart from being EA at any given moment of the calendar year.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:29 am 

Nothing to do with expecting forgiveness. More to do with not caring if we stop playing and leave, because we're not making them money. It's just business sense.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:07 am 

Xelrog wrote:
Nothing to do with expecting forgiveness. More to do with not caring if we stop playing and leave, because we're not making them money. It's just business sense.

I completely disagree with that reasoning, it is in Ronimo's (or any other game dev's) best interest to keep the current players playing the game. I think Ronimo makes most of their money from DLC and kickstarters, even before the game went f2p you could get the game for 1 euro during a sale. It are the veterans that purchase the DLC and get new people into the game, especially since previous advertisement by Ronimo has failed due to the game being too old.

Xelrog wrote:
I would guess because new players don't know about them/aren't likely to be leaving because of them. If Sentry's upgrade was supposed to increase attack speed by 33% and instead increased it by 330%, that would be quite a bit more obvious to non-veterans.

That explanation makes little sense to me, new players are a very small portion of the current player base. Anyone else can easily notice a bug like that, it's very significant and part of the reason why Sentry is so much stronger than before.

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:28 am 

Quote:
I personally was hoping for a balance hotfix about 2 months ago, let alone a bug hotfix. The current meta is in need of a hotfix on so many levels. Most people I talk to agree with me on this, I think these people would play more if they would enjoy the current meta more.

accurate side-effect of the current slogfest meta we are leaving on right now, which also showcases the most aggravating part of all that, fixes that are coming way too slow, and in the meanwhile, the game itself just flat out disgusting player overtime because of how dumb pub games have become nowadays.