Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: NOW LIVE: Update 4.7
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:27 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
Only question is, if the Clown skin is the one that actually was supposed to be the normal skin as I thought, and cop skin an extra one.

+1. The game has no clown-themed characters and that skin feels more like fresh air than just another enforcer of justice with some kind of sports hobby.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:44 pm 

Sevenecho wrote:
IsoKoala wrote:
Only question is, if the Clown skin is the one that actually was supposed to be the normal skin as I thought, and cop skin an extra one.

+1. The game has no clown-themed characters and that skin feels more like fresh air than just another enforcer of justice with some kind of sports hobby.

You think Ronimo has just resigned to having wacky stuff as skins instead of the base character?

A lot of the newer characters have been plain old mercenaries/bounty hunters/space cop-esques.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:33 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
A lot of the newer characters have been plain old mercenaries/bounty hunters/space cop-esques.

These are Renegades. The self-explanatory name.
In opposite - Milton Yoolip, Ix, Deadlift, Nibbs and Skree were pretty unique (I think). They don't even look like your regular mercenaries %)
In fact, Awesomenauts setting has no strict requirements for the characters. If there was a handsome snail from Futurama instead of Snork Gunk, I doubt anyone would claim it's not fitting the existing team ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:14 am 

Is it really that hard to make a character with functional death sounds these days?
Qitara, Rocket, and Snork all have death sounds that don't play.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:58 pm 

I don't agree with Yuri's health nerf. If anything, Yuri doesn't need nerfs, he needs a damage buff. The only problem with Yuri I saw is that his bubble and chasing / escapability is a bit too good. But now Ksenia or Leon can just one-shot killl him even more easily than before, no effort required. It's a terrible balance change in my book. So please revert it and change some other aspect if needed (slow %, speed up or whatever).

Sentry received nerfs which is good, but I would also like to see nerfs to Dizzy. I'm considering her s-tier and she is way too dominant. A good Dizzy will make the game unwinnable for you. This started being so especially after the dash damage buffs. Please either revert those buffs or nerf her in some other way.

I'm sad Derpl is staying the way he is now. The trap change is pretty dumb. I often find myself saying "I wouldn't have messed up with old Derpl".

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:29 am 

Appreciate the hotfix. Glad to see Snork’s turret interactions have been fixed at last.

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:08 am 

Maarten wrote:

General
Fixed death sounds for Max Focus, Deadlift and Snork Gunk.

Not only were Max and Deadlift's lines already functional, you forgot to mention Qi'tara's were fixed too.
HOWEVER, Commander Rocket's were NOT fixed. :facepalm:

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:47 am 

was smiles' knot meister working incorrectly before?

i see before the shoot chain was given (cooldown * 0.6) but the base chain itself was given (cooldown + 0.6)
now both are correctly multiplied by 0.6

also aim visuals still have much greater collision radius and the gravity it adds makes it necessary to aim up

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:20 am 

did snork's jump get tweaked just a little? he feels just a tad heavier to me. i may just be imagining it.

nice hotfix, thanks :thumb:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:57 am 

It's a start and snork is feeling a little less of a buggy mess. I'm still getting sticky snails not doing anything but it's happening a bit more rarely, and you can still easily press shells into snail without the shells spawning if you do it fast enough. His medal icon and AA hit sound/particles were also changed and this isn't in the patch notes btw.

Just wish we could have a patch entirely dedicated to fixing the tons of bugs in the game atm and nothing else.