Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Ronimo, who's your target audience?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:12 pm 

Gameinsky wrote:
S&SII to me looks like it would make a good mobile game, I doubt it will be very popular on home consoles or PC.

Home consoles, perhaps. Just like it was fun to play Pinkmin on Gamecube, i imagine it can be fun to play S&S2 on the couch.

PC, it is a very hard platform to get a big enough playerbase on. If they go over the 100 average players on steamcharts it will already be better than what i expect.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:32 pm 

potterman28wxcv wrote:
Gameinsky wrote:
S&SII to me looks like it would make a good mobile game, I doubt it will be very popular on home consoles or PC.

Home consoles, perhaps. Just like it was fun to play Pinkmin on Gamecube, i imagine it can be fun to play S&S2 on the couch.

PC, it is a very hard platform to get a big enough playerbase on. If they go over the 100 average players on steamcharts it will already be better than what i expect.

Pikmin is a 3D RTS by a big name company, S&S2 is... a 2D RTS... I've only seen them popular as free flash games.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:21 pm 

potterman28wxcv wrote:

I am PC-only player, but play all pc-games on the couch. Thats why I like Awesomenauts too, its very fun couch coop game to play with 55" tv and wireless controllers. Plays like a platformer and even allows couch-coop+online at the same time, super rare combination.

Granted, I wont play with Rae or Rocco with setup like this.

Nevertheless, there is more and more Pc players playing like this, mini-itx builds have progressed a lot and are a suitable option even for hardcore overclocking. Of course this is still a niche in a way that developers dont really need to pay attention to our specific needs.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:24 pm 

Gameinsky wrote:
Pikmin is a 3D RTS by a big name company, S&S2 is... a 2D RTS... I've only seen them popular as free flash games.

When a game is good enough (and/or has the special idea in it), the genre doesnt matter. There is even plenty of very well selling Tower Defence games in Steam, and that genre if any is a flash game genre.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?