Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Ronimo, who's your target audience?
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:11 pm 

Ideally their target audience would be to make newbies veterans. Thus, actually keep the free players playing the game more than few hours. These are the ones making the community bigger, money income, and with snowball effect caused by larger than 500 active players, grow community into bigger one that allows competitive playstyle with events and casual both.
Targetting just to the veterans would be just charity from their side.

This was their target with F2P I suppose. Now their target is to...Release S&S2 on Steam..? :cocoon:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:09 pm 

Found this game three days ago. Reached 10 level of accaunt today and found that I don't get awesomenauts points for leveling up my accaunt any more. So, I am getting around 40 points per game, 300 point for daily mission, 500 points for character level 5 and 1000 points for character level 10. So, when playing on my existing two characters start to be annoing I must farm 10 days just to get one new character or pay $5 USD for it. Really? I can't even buy some pack for $30 USD to open all charactres like in other normal games. I am going out from this shi* and I recommend every new player to not waste their time on it.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:29 pm 

coldsteelj wrote:
Found this game three days ago. Reached 10 level of accaunt today and found that I don't get awesomenauts points for leveling up my accaunt any more. So, I am getting around 40 points per game, 300 point for daily mission, 500 points for character level 5 and 1000 points for character level 10. So, when playing on my existing two characters start to be annoing I must farm 10 days just to get one new character or pay $5 USD for it. Really? I can't even buy some pack for $30 USD to open all charactres like in other normal games. I am going out from this shi* and I recommend every new player to not waste their time on it.

imo it's been quite a mistake on their part to remove the all-nauts pack.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:00 pm 

There is some starter naut pack still though, isnt there? Which has like 10+ nauts.

All naut pack still should definitely be available, though...

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:57 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
There is some starter naut pack still though, isnt there? Which has like 10+ nauts.

All naut pack still should definitely be available, though...

There is only starter pack which include 8 the most cheap characters in which I am not interested in. I don't know which 10+ nauts are you talking about.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:50 am 

On topic of the all 'nauts pack: I found it being sold on Green Man Gaming. No idea if it works though.
Also on topic of the all 'nauts pack being removed: Ronimo wtf? :chew:

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:59 am 

GuyBrush wrote:
On topic of the all 'nauts pack: I found it being sold on Green Man Gaming. No idea if it works though.

That is interesting, maybe I will buy it later if I found that greedy green man gaming deserve to get 19 euro for nauts. Looks like they just resell this packs for bigger prices.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:40 pm 

GuyBrush wrote:

This went kind of unnoticed because we (veterans) already have all the Awesomenauts.

But this is bad in my opinion. Hurts the game more than it does good.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:18 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
To broaden the topic:

I don't know why any of you are even slightly surprised at this point. Ronimo have collectively zero future planning ability, and that's the truth.

Just look at the upcoming (re)release of Swords and Soldiers II.

It all stinks of desperation. Instead of sitting down and producing something new that might reignite people's interests in Ronimo, they're floundering around their already-completed work and trying to magic up a way to generate even more money from it for minimal effort. The whole "rereleasing exclusive Kickstarter skins" fiasco was a perfect demonstration of it.

I mean, minimal effort works... if you're Valve—they could release actual garbage and people would buy it by the hundreds of thousands (see: Promise of Eminent Revival). They can literally be caught cheating players with gambling odds twice in a row, only to reimburse people with more of that gambling and get off scot-free (see: Immortal III apology) because Valve has the PC gaming market on a choke collar.

Ronimo isn't Valve. Ronimo needs to release quality consistently to succeed. Little choices like removing the All-'Nauts pack do not help the bigger picture.

There is no direction. Ronimo needs to know whom it's appealing to, how, and what gaps in the market it's trying to fill. Awesomenauts was a decent start (the whole 2D MOBA niche), but that needs to be continued.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:25 pm 

Words of wisdom and truth from the Lord Protector.

Words I wouldnt want to say myself, since they make me sad. But they are true nevertheless.

While I personally happily take SS2 as a small snack game while waiting for their next bigger one (which turned out to be nothing), I seriously doubt that SS2 is enough to fund their studio for 2-3 years it would take them to make a brand new, ambitious new game of high quality. The fact that they newer had one like that on drawing board or in develpment at all, is sad and indeed reeks of desperation.

It also puzzles me, that what has the team then been doing? Awesomenauts upgrades, thanks for those sure! Much appreciated by myself, even though some here hate everything new in the game. Those upgrades have kept the game alive nevertheless, if development was stopped 3 years ago as some people keep wanting, there would be no game. But right. Those upgrades have taken their time. But what else? There is many artists at Ronimo, surely it doesnt take months of work for 5-6 artist everyone, to make one naut? Id say 2 artists, 1 month each at tops (one makes naut for 5 weeks, one effects for 3 weeks or something like that).