Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: When is the next leaderboard reset?
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:25 pm 

The header says it. This is my first season, & this season has already been ~ 3 months. So when does it reset?

Post subject: Re: When is the next leaderboard reset?
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:41 pm 

arghyad1 wrote:
The header says it. This is my first season, & this season has already been ~ 3 months. So when does it reset?

Recently, the trend has been: when the devs feel like it, after a few several-page threads of us asking for it. :shrug:

It used to be a regular thing every two months, but now it's completely arbitrary and generally done as little as possible because it "hurts matchmaking." Which I can believe it does, but it also leads to players having absolutely no reason to play the game, and getting upset as a result. The current leaderboards aren't designed to provide a sense of progression because they're tied to matchmaking values--which is why the game needs to have a simple, new leaderboard system that is not tied to matchmaking values at all. Then we can have a sense of progression, regular resets if necessary, and no impact on matchmaking.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:51 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
People want leaderboard resets until they get one, and then they complain that the matchmaking is now terrible as a result—choosing not to play during the first week or so and entirely defeating the point of having the reset in the first place. Rinse and repeat.

The idea that Ronimo is going to develop a new leaderboard system at this point is pure, methane-huffing delusion.

Ronimo said resets are counterproductive to matchmaking, and stated on stream that the leaderboards aren't for progression. Turns out that was all an elaborate ruse/soundbite/flat-out lie (delete as necessary) because we had a reset after those statements anyway, apparently disregarding the purported "bad for matchmaking" concept that they were so adamant about.

So, the short answer is "don't get your hopes up".

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:08 pm 

Sad. I personally want a reset only coz I hardly get any points for wins now.

Regarding matchmaking, its been pretty much the same throughout the season for me (started in last week of May) & is still the same - very imbalanced & completely random in off hours; pretty ok-ish in regular / peak hours.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:28 pm 

Dunnoh, Im getting constantly matches where top 100 and rank 5000 are in the same match. League reset wouldnt make this better, but at least I wouldnt feel that annoyed about match balances, since its normal after a reset.

That said, I would love to have resets every 2 months at set date, but its not going to happen. I think we might not even get a reset ever again now. It took so long of begging to finally get this one, and every time it has been longer and longer. The time it took the leaderboards to fill he usual 40k ish names it always has,also took the longest time ever Im pretty sure. They dont want to reset it again to see how many players are actually left and get sad about it.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:50 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
The idea that Ronimo is going to develop a new leaderboard system at this point is pure, methane-huffing delusion.

k. Why?

Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:33 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Ronimo evidently had neither the time nor the desire to fully rewrite the leaderboards back when they were more or less solely focused on Awesomenauts—what could possibly be convincing you that now, with the ongoing porting of S&SII, they have the time and the resources to undertake it?

I mean, even leaving aside the recent developer statements that amount to "we have no idea what we're doing beyond Snork", do you really expect Ronimo to dedicate so many of their clearly* strained development cycles towards catering for a game with such a dwindling population?

I don't, but maybe I'm just not huffing enough of that sweet, sweet methane.

* See: the alarmingly growing trend of reusing old things to try and turn an immediate profit. Chiefly amongst which being the actual S&SII port itself, but you may also add the phrase "exclusive skins" to that particular mix.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:01 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Ronimo evidently had neither the time nor the desire to fully rewrite the leaderboards back when they were more or less solely focused on Awesomenauts—what could possibly be convincing you that now, with the ongoing porting of S&SII, they have the time and the resources to undertake it?

I mean, the time scale in question is now, August 12th, 2018, until the end of time. No one said it would be during the S&S2 development.

Awesomepoints took, what, 3 years to happen? Never say never.

Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:54 pm 

That's technically true, but I can't see Ronimo deciding to... well, effectively resurrect Awesomenauts after such a long hiatus. Trying to generate hype for what is ostensibly an old game isn't worth the effort, and there'd be no point reworking the leaderboards for no one then to use them.

It would make more sense just to produce a sequel with said shiny-and-new leaderboard implementation already built-in, along with the raft of other lessons learned from the first Awesomenauts.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:10 pm 

Yeah.

And for a sequel, they would have the most important aspect of the game already; the characters.
Surely the rules and gameplay could be altered, but I see the characters as mostly re-usable assets, in a way Mario is.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?