Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Drafting/Character Selection
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:29 am 

I see posts and hear mentions of drafting pretty often. I feel like it would be a big help for all of the complaints around one sided matches and “insta loss” games after dropping and seeing the team comps.

Personally I don't see why drafting wouldn't be a positive addition all around. It helps reduce one sided matches and teaches newer players more about counters and good team comp, which could really help bridge the skill gap.

Thoughts & feelings, are you for or against drafting. Is there anything i'm overlooking?
Has ronimo ever commented about drafting before?

(I know we do have tools like nauts drafter, but having a feature being community built, managed and disconnected from the flow of the actual game doesn't help.)

Post subject: Re: Drafting/Character Selection
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:21 am 

It's very overwhelming and unpleasant for new players. If I had booted the game for the first time and been asked to ban a character from the opposing team, I would have stopped playing.

If there were separate queues for ranked and unranked, I would have no problem with the ranked queue featuring drafting. Unfortunately, it was never to be. :shrug:

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:54 am 

Drafting was easily an issue in the past because players were able to use steam to see who they were playing against, could assume their main, and banish that naut. But now its impossible to see who your opponents are and now..I think it could work! No promises...but I can see the same nauts getting banned over and over on the same maps. Or yuri and leon just getting banned period..or whatever new op naut hasn't been nerfed yet lool. But then again....

I'd rather aweosomenauts not solely be a game of character select. Matchmaking is already iffy as it is. Team A could have a perfect team, ban the one or two counters they have, and crush.
Its not a 1 sided ordeal but I'm not really a fan of it.

My Awesomenauts Blog!

TWO-FOUR-SIX-EIGHT: PUT SOME COOKIES ON MY PLATE

My Mission is to show that you can be a top tier player and still not spread hate and stupidity, but be kind and welcoming to others.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:26 pm 

Integrate http://www.nautsdrafter.com/ in game as a toggable option for custom matches and also as a brawl and be done with it.
It's mind blowing we're still discussing one of the most interesting part of MOBAs which is drafting and actually would allow many ppls from the playerbase to understand one tricking yoolip is a giant fallacy and that they need to be a J.O.A.T.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:02 am 

We've needed modes other than All Pick for a long time now.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:18 am 

GuyBrush wrote:
We've needed modes other than Blind Pick for a long time now.

fixed, also yes it's a valid statement, the problem is that it's not feasible and should've been done when F2P was released.
Honestly I think re-releasing nauts in another way (definitive? rehauled? episode 2?) with all lessons learnt from the 1st game WITH devs listening and hopefully us starting on new grounds of discussion would be the best bet we (devs and active playerbase) have to keep this 2D moba monopoly going on.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:10 pm 

Mr Nutz jr wrote:
Honestly I think re-releasing nauts in another way (definitive? rehauled? episode 2?) with all lessons learnt from the 1st game WITH devs listening and hopefully us starting on new grounds of discussion would be the best bet we (devs and active playerbase) have to keep this 2D moba monopoly going on.

Someone tried to enter the competition. Fortunately for Ronimo, that someone was Nexon, who couldn't design their way out of a pixelated paper bag.

It crossed my mind the other day that another potential benefit of a sequel is the potential to re-cast a bunch of the older Nauts with actors who will actually stay in contact. This avoids the problems of "we can't have voice skins/content for these Nauts anymore."

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:53 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Ditch Swords and Soldiers II. I can't see it being worth the time investment. Start developing Awesomenauts 2. No fancy nor elaborate title needed, and absolutely no subtitles. None of the "resurgence" or "retribution" nonsense, and definitely not "Awesomenauts 2: Zombies".

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:04 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Ditch Swords and Soldiers II. I can't see it being worth the time investment. Start developing Awesomenauts 2. No fancy nor elaborate title needed, and absolutely no subtitles. None of the "resurgence" or "retribution" nonsense, and definitely not "Awesomenauts 2: Zombies".

It's insane how I actually agree with you on this one.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:15 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:

True, so true -mostly. While I agree that they should see Awesomenauts 2 as their ulimate goal, I also think they need a small break from it. Some of them have been developing the game, what, 8 years or even more? You gotta have a break to keep your sanity, -and ideas fresh.

But is a reheash of a game you have already published years ago a good creative break, well.....nooot. And as said before, adding more stuff to the Steam version is pointless. Steam players dont know what is new and dont care. The ones who will buy the game buy it new stuff or not, the subtitle means nothing to them. The extremely small ammount of players who bought it for Wii and now play Steam instead and want to buy it again, are so small ammpunt of people that making new stuff for them is waste.

In ideal world; release the SS2 as it was, dont release it now, release it in 2016-2017 whenever it was legally ok for you to do so if that was an issua. Develope a completely new brand, single player game like metroidvania or something in Awesomenauts universe since Awesomenauts F2P upgrade. Have it set in Awesomenauts universe so it builds up connection to upcoming game, but also keep it creative and fresh that you enjoy developing it. Release it, and start making Awesomenauts 2. With players coming from Awesomenauts 1 and the single player game.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?