Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Awesomenauts after 2018
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:12 am 

Its been a pretty slow year for Nauts, but we all knew that was how it was going to be this year and that's fine, good on Ronimo for taking a break from Nauts and doing what they want.

Everything that Robin listed in the "Aswesomenauts in 2018" post has been done (not sure about the China launch, correct me if I'm wrong and that didn't happen).

Robin wrote:
We're moving into the sixth year of post-launch support with Awesomenauts, and will be supporting and expanding Awesomenauts for a long time.

While I think we would all love to see an ever-growing Awesomenauts I feel like the general community mindset at the moment is that without the release of an Awesomenuats 2, addressing all of the current major issues, the game will just slowly sunset. Does anyone see this differently? I Would love to hear any alternative opinions.

Robin wrote:
We intend to be more transparent about what we're doing moving forward, both for Awesomenauts as well as our new plans.

Unless I've missed some major posts or announcements this seems to be mostly empty words. We've heard lots about S&SII. But since the announced plans for Awesomnauts from the 2018 post were addressed or completed, we haven't heard anything.

But beyond this year, what does everyone hope for or expect to see for Awesomeauts?

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts after 2018
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:28 am 

Awesomenauts 2 is not a myth. :shady:

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:50 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Wavie wrote:
Unless I've missed some major posts or announcements this seems to be mostly empty words. We've heard lots about S&SII. But since the announced plans for Awesomnauts from the 2018 post were addressed or completed, we haven't heard anything.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Ronimo has been wanting to be "more transparent" for ages, and nothing ever comes of it in the long-term, because the phrase is meaningless filler, used to distract from the absolute lack of communication. Every time someone rightly queries why Ronimo's dead silent on everything, we get some sporadic developer contact for a few weeks or so thereafter, then everything goes back to being radio static. This repeats so regularly and precisely that it could be used to measure the passage of time—throw in some phrases like "listening to feedback" and "community interaction" to add a little spice to the broth, if you'd like.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:43 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
-snip-

Have you tried the Streamisho or Discord?
They are pretty responsive over these or so I've heard.

we're giving this thread too much attention for its quality

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:52 am 

Well, they did go rather quite during the development of S&S2 after most of Starstorm was completed. However who ever handled the game did a good job, I'm talking about 2.12. As of right now I feel they have even less working on the game. We'll know the fate of Awesomenauts after S&S2 Finally Off the Wii U Edition is released.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:00 pm 

With how Ronimo has been treating this game I don't know what they will do.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:54 pm 

ScR wrote:
Awesomenauts 2 is not a myth. :shady:

A sequel to a game that was never that popular seems like a myth to me. Of course, it might happen and I would definitely buy it (as long as it still is a side scroller, 2D/hand drawn moba and is not plagued by sexualization like League of Legends), but it is not something I would expect.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:19 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Reila wrote:
A sequel to a game that was never that popular seems like a myth to me.

I mean, I know I like to be the negative one, but calling Awesomenauts "never that popular" is grossly underselling it. It's always, up until things started going wonky, maintained peak playercounts in the thousands, even reaching a short-lived 12,050 players at maximum. Those figures, and that maximal, demonstrate that there was at least enough interest in the concept.

Granted, it's no League of Legends, but credit where it's due.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:21 am 

Not to mention, that I think Awesomenauts sold over million copies before it went to f2p. (on all platforms, Xbox/Ps3 etc are important matketplaces too, for initial sales). And to calculate how successful the game was, not only current players should be counted, but the total sales even more so.

Edit. Acording to some news from 2014, it had sold 1.4 back then. Ps4 and xboxone releases, and plentiful of Steam etc. sales came withing the following 3 years before free to play, so its quite safe to say Awesomenauts sold total over or about 2 million copies. Which is a huge success by small company standards."Never popular" is completely false, top 1% popularity amongst online games during its life is closer to truth probably. Of course, compared to Dota etc this is just peanuts, but there are new online games released every week at Steam, which never can Dream of even 10% of nauts current population.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:46 pm 

I am really worried we won't be getting much support and I don't know how to feel about Awesomenauts 2, which most likely won't have mod support, which will probably mean I still stick with the orignal.
Right now I am just happy making mods and hang with some 'nauts players on discord.

I'd love if Ronimo just took a couple of their developers and assigned them to awesomenauts permantly while the rest just works on newer games, even if it means we only get 2/3 updates a year.

Also for the love of god, add custom-maps to brawls, those are exciting maps to play and good way to get more people to enjoy user-created content and frankly the only way to really keep the game fresh for someone, who dosn't want to check out the workshop every week and doesn't have 5 friends to play these maps with.

I am the one and only Paraakie
Modder & Rare Gearlyfish
My mods