Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: IF a new Awesomenauts game happens
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:41 am 

IF a new Awesomenauts game happens:

Are there features or aspects to the game that you would want to be removed rather than just new things added to what we already have?

What are the biggest changes you would make, would you go as far as wanting a different gameplay style or genre?

Post subject: Re: IF a new Awesomenauts game happens
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:10 pm 

No point talking about matchmaking as it's been beaten to death ten times over by now. In general I just want Ronimo to learn from their mistakes with nauts now and not have this stupid thought process that new update = new char because it can mean that updates which have crucial balance elements get delayed weeks. Like honestly just releasing a skin every so often is better than we have right now where we go like four months without a update or any changes to then having a new character which breaks the game constantly.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:11 pm 

I'd like to see skree rocco raelyn Chucho dizzy and team xp removed from the game.

I would also delete Ayla's pull, black hole, and the mechanic on deadlift's shield where he fully negates an attack if he even has a smidge of shield left.

Also maybe replace axe throwing trophy with a temporary shield after throwing a target. And remove Qitara I guess.

Oh and finally. Remove genjis air droid summon.

Let's see...id also rework all outlier characters to follow the common control scheme (as outlined in my lengthy beta thread)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:56 pm 

bring back the original eight console nauts for sure
the rest can be a popularity contest

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:13 pm 

kathy wrote:
bring back the original eight console nauts for sure
the rest can be a popularity contest

Exclude Dizzy from that contest.

https://www.twitch.tv/real_marshmallow_fox

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:59 pm 

less creepy fan art

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:51 pm 

-no xp system and no scaling
-actual balance
-actual good matchmaking
-bug fixes
-shorter queue times (not 7 minute waiting)
-more transparency (and not the "your report has been received and will be reviewed, never." nonsense)
-old derpl
-old genji (= no rejump in the air)
-nerf Lux' dash
-more punishment for laggers (300 ping and zig zag lagging is unacceptable but I see certain players abuse this every other match)
-More incentives for awesomepoints
-remove drop pods, add more (way more) portraits
-more maps
-adventure mode
-the old tutorial was way better than the new one with the robot whose voice is annoying
-anything that reduces the number of onesided pubstomp matches...

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:36 pm 

I find it funny how most of the suggestions aren't anything a sequel should be but people asking for Awesomenauts Cherry Picked Edition. Rae couldn't go anywhere shes the Chun Li of Awesomenauts. Out of the originals Gnaw and Yuri would likely see a rework, along with Derpl. Anything after Rae would be make or break if they returned. Out of Starstorm I'd see Penny and Ted return maybe Nibbs. Chucho might and no one else. Nobody from Rockets Renegade.

A new or overhauled engine, lets be real this thing is a broken mess and still has 360 coding hiding in it

More cosmetics, skins were one of this games big plus and only a few are "bad".

Balancing. I really don't know how but you guys need to fix this. However hiring someone from the community would also be a bad idea because as far as I can tell almost every "big shot" almost always suggested changes to characters they didn't like while protecting their main. Sentry and Frog are huge offenders of this. Sentry's revamp was a total joke and only made him stronger and was suggested from a couple of known names, while any suggestion to nerf or otherwise tone him down was outright ignored. Seriously someone on the team really needs to get down and really plan and understand what they want. Also don't launch a character and have THE ONE PERSON in charge of balance take a 2 week break from the game only to find out the character is ruining the experience.

Last edited by S_Fits on Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:56 pm 

The graphics fidelity and quality for the S&S2S looks pretty great, and while Awesomenauts looks great too (imho), I can see that they could increase it still it a lot if made a new one. Same step that is from Awesome to SS2S again to Awesome 2, and it could be one of the best looking 2D games and creative in design too.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:43 am 
Adminaut

Honestly, I feel a greater emphasis on movement, telegraphs and soft debuffs would be fun for a new Awesomenauts. The current one feels bogged down by the heavy amount of hard CC being thrown around, initiators being both the simplest and most obnoxious characters regardless of their power level. I've seen a resurgence of appreciation for blind and while I feel the current blind is obnoxious due to its implementation (sudden lighting changes are not good for the eyes) a greater emphasis on these softer CCs (slows, blind, dampen) or short hard stuns/snares for the occasional quick interrupts would be more fun to play.

With this, actual telegraphs to read/intercept would then make a lot of kits healthier. I wouldn't mind a character like Smiles nearly as much if there were windups to work with, as then playing against him is more than just "don't be near him". Not every skill needs a windup, but the stronger ones certainly justify it. The current Awesomenauts just leaves windup skills of 2012 Nauts feeling underwhelmingly overcompensated when you get all the instant crap of 2018 Nauts to compare it to. What's the point of 2012 Clunk's powerhouse telegraphs when the instant Snork can rival that damage over a quarter of the time, you know? This isn't to say Clunk is underpowered, but it can be hard to justify older, fairer characters (both in a competitive 'teambuilding' and casual 'fun' sense) when the newer cast just do so much so instantly.

This is an aside but an incentive to 'get good' at the map would be fun, as even a casual MOBA like Heroes of the Storm has a fun dosage of map play that Awesomenauts lacks. You kind of just go through the motions in Nauts, rotating as a group into big fights while dual clearing lanes that soak themselves even without your presence. While for 3v3 a huge map would be unhealthy, a player increase for a big map or an interesting smaller map for the 3v3 that has incentives for splitting and grouping would add a lot to the match-by-match play I feel. Right now all the incentive is in grouping and not really in splitting as the whole map is quickly accessible and being alone for even a brief moment can be instant death against the other team's 3-man blob.