Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Ronimo Update - Dec. 7th, 2018
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:15 am 

Hi all, Neko here :ayla: !

Just a quick update for anyone who isn't super involved in the Ronimo Games discord (link is here, feel free to join: http://discord.gg/ronimo). Currently, many of the fine folks at Ronimo are engaged in a secret new IP / project; at the present moment, they cannot estimate how long it will take until the next patch for Awesomenauts will be released. That being said, they will continue to support 'Nauts in the future and *WILL* release patches to fix current issues related to balance and bugs.

To quote a representative on the discord:
Ronma Dev wrote:
"Because the bottom line at the end of the day is that we want to keep making video games and we want to keep making them for a long time. There's a lot of love for Nauts but if we keep pouring resources into Nauts, it's not a good decision for the future of Ronimo". "We KNOW that there will be more dev efforts for Nauts, just don't know when the time and resources will be allocated. Also, just to be clear, we have no plans to discontinue support. I understand the frustration. But [we'll] just have to accept the consequences of the decision to no longer prioritize resources for Nauts development."

The last quote is slightly edited for posterity as well as spelling errors, but the meaning holds the same weight; Ronimo does care about their game and community, but they are still a studio that develops other projects that may have more chances at creativity, success, and monetary income. The expectations the community has for the game vs a game development studio itself are vastly different, and focusing on one IP and project at the current moment is the way to consistently meet internal deadlines they have.

If any of you all have further questions or concerns feel free to either leave them in this thread *or* come join the discord (devs are significantly more active there) and leave them in the #general-ronimo or #general-nauts sections, depending on the query's relation itself. While this post also isn't a direct statement from a ronma employee or moderation team member, it does maintain and hold things that they themselves have *directly* said; I've done my best to faithfully recreate the atmosphere and responses that they would have given, but with their hands tied they aren't very present in forums at the current moment.

That being said, much love to all of you, and stay awesome :CocoWink: !

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post subject: Re: Ronimo Update - Dec. 7th, 2018
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:35 pm 

I personally think it's bad that a dev hasn't come forward to say this, not everyone is actively viewing/even in the Ronimo discord so having to rely on players to represent them is pretty terrible.

Honestly, even though they've said they are working on a new ip could they at least give us an eta for an update? Like even just saying 'we'll update the game within 3 months' is better than what we currently have.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:10 pm 

Agreed this is pretty lame.

TBH if they're not working on nauts 2 right now, I would be willing to throw small monthly subscription at them if it meant nauts would still get updated once in a while. Otherwise it's going to be a sad day when this game dies with no clear successor. I need a (good) platformer MOBA in my life lol

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:21 am 

Slevens wrote:
I personally think it's bad that a dev hasn't come forward to say this, not everyone is actively viewing/even in the Ronimo discord so having to rely on players to represent them is pretty terrible.

Honestly, even though they've said they are working on a new ip could they at least give us an eta for an update? Like even just saying 'we'll update the game within 3 months' is better than what we currently have.

Lots of us on the discord have suggested this as well, but the same response is always "we don't know yet" or "we can't say", which is I'm assuming part of internal deadlines or a NDA. I've also asked a dev to post on the forums, but upon seeing there was still no post I decided to do it myself; it took all of probably 15 minutes to type up, proofread, and submit.

I'd just have to personally recommend joining the discord; there's not much else we can do but wait as a community.

Devmon52 wrote:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:09 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I hope this new project has some legs, is original, and isn't a competitor for another product already on the market. I also hope that Ronimo does actually advertise it.

Please don't edit other people's quotes. That defeats the point of its being a quote.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:30 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Please don't edit other people's quotes. That defeats the point of its being a quote.

Nah I wouldn't worry about that. What Neko said is what Niel said mostly word for word throughout multiple messages. The meaning is retained, and it gets the same point across regardless.

I can confirm because I was the one pestering them to consider updating Nauts rather then be put in this all-in situation we now find ourselves in. Regardless it is what it is. I hope this project works and that Ronimo hasn't put a death sentence on Nauts and its community

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:29 pm 

Their next title probably needs all the devs working on it as much as possible. Likely has a deadline too. I think there is still a big market for 2D genres with a proper concept. Awesomenauts had a cool 2d moba idea but the concept has always been rough around the edges. Namely single objective giving stalemates, hardcounters limiting gameplay freedom, inconsistent depth of character releases and somewhat confusing visual representation of player inputs. I think with that experience they can make something greater.

I wish they would have put nauts resources to a minimum instead of none at all. I feel like this way atleast some of the most obnoxious bugs can be dealt with. It would make more sense to me to distribute resources than completely diving into something 100% while there is still a playerbase for nauts. Anyway, i'll eagerly await this new title.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:13 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
It's more an interesting point than an actual concern, but if a quote has been edited, readers (read here: us) have no way of verifiying to what degree it has been edited—and therefore is or is not accurate—without comparing it to what was actually said: in which case, you might as well have posted that and cut out the middleman.

Japiepatatzakie wrote:
...somewhat confusing visual representation of player inputs.

I agree with the rest, but what do you mean by this?

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:42 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
It's more an interesting point than an actual concern, but if a quote has been edited, readers (read here: us) have no way of verifiying to what degree it has been edited—and therefore is or is not accurate—without comparing it to what was actually said: in which case, you might as well have posted that and cut out the middleman.

The part that was edited is in [brackets], as is standard MLA / in-text quotation formatting when doing such. The entire rest of the quoted section is word-for-word, with the exception of a typo that was made (no was spelled "on" in the original, which may have confused people whose first language isn't english or whom struggle with context, so I fixed it). Quotes are taken in this method quite often for essays, newscasts (literally just watch any news broadcast with a trump tweet...), etc.

That being said, focusing on this sole aspect of English deviates from the original point of the post.

Devmon52 wrote:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:36 pm 

If there is any particular typo that might interfer with comprehension, [sic] is your go-to. Brackets in the OP's context are also usually only applied when transposing one agent with another: that is to say, changing pronouns. They may also be used to expand on any particular idea, usually where the quote cuts off an anaphoric (or cataphoric) reference.

"Whom" in that instance is also the subject, so "who".

See, it's interesting.

On-topic: Wait for Ronimo to maybe say something, I guess. Other than that, nothing.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote: