Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Bitterness in the community
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:50 pm 

I miss playing some music and spilling my thoughts on this forum.

It's come to my attention recently that there are people who remember me in a negative light from some years back. Well this one person I'm thinking of wrote in general chat the other day that "luckytime said something mean at the end of a game one time" to paraphrase, and apparently that one interaction that I can't even remember just stuck with this person for years and permanently colored their perception of me for the worse.

Now, I'd like to say that if I was a douche to you at any point, I'm sorry and I hope I haven't caused you any emotional distress. I know what that's like and I've been to those dark places myself. But I feel like the time I spent making mistakes over this game taught me to be more compassionate. For example, I used to have a whole list of blocked people on Steam over something I wouldn't even think twice about now. I've since done a complete 180 on blocking people and unblocked everyone.

The problem with this medium is that everyone feels like there are no consequences when they send hate from behind a screen, and I'm guilty of this too. However, and this is something I've incorporated into my own life, you don't want to be one of those people who holds a grudge over something that happened years ago. It's not healthy and it can lead you to develop a victim mentality that stays with you deep into your adult life, which causes you a bunch of problems.

People are capable of changing over time, and that person who hurt you once might be a totally different individual who's ashamed of how they acted. Unfortunately, there's no socially elegant solution to expressing your apologies to a person you've wronged. There's a MASSIVE hole in our culture where a discussion is missing about how to say sorry for past mistakes. People normally just continue living and leave the past behind, even though sometimes it lingers in our mind. But yeah, that's getting into another topic.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Thanks for reading.

Post subject: Re: Bitterness in the community
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:26 am 

u caused me emotional distress and i do NOT forgive u

Steam
YouTube
Twitch

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:30 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Hey Luckytime, thanks for the thoughtful post! From my comparatively shorter time at Ronimo and in the Nauts community, I know of you as the person who has created countless amazing pieces of Nauts art! There are many more positives than negatives to remember you (or anyone else) by, although it might be easy, don't focus on the negatives, keep your chin up :D

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:40 am 

You made me feel funny in my pants-area about Nauts characters when I wouldn't have before. :GnawCry:

https://www.twitch.tv/real_marshmallow_fox