Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Who else misses this game?
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:13 pm 

Serious post. This was my first real deal video game community that I joined as a youngin and while it wasn't an entirely positive experience, there was some good moments on here and in the game that I remember fondly.
I remember goofy * like Skolldir's legs thread and the mafia games and Challengenauts etc, those were genuinely great experiences to behold. Now the game's just kinda very slowly dying and the community itself is a ghost town with almost none of the former regulars around anymore. Kinda sucks to see the ship go down like this, especially knowing there's no restoring this game/community to how it was back in ye olde days.

Official Fanart Gallery | Steam | Discord: Duskitty#0004

Currently playing: LUX5000, Ayla, Coco, Dizzy, Ksenia, Raelynn
Sometimes play/learning: Scoop, Penny, Rocco

Post subject: Re: Who else misses this game?
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:11 pm 

me
it's not really anything in particular that made me quit as much as it's that i just squeezed out every last drop of enjoyment that i could
the game certainly had a good run

Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:41 pm 

I don't miss the game, but I certainly miss the community. Endless pages of nonsense on the Vault threads, off-topic arguments in the balance forum, and just a general sense of comradery. Our community was always super small, so it felt like everyone knew everyone. I haven't had that in another community since.

By the way, this is still the best forum I've ever used. Tonnes of options, built-in game related smilies, PMs, signatures, easy BBCode integration... every other forum I've used is missing many of those features. They have different benefits, but none of it as solid.

It's good timing I was here, by the way. I was just cutting through to go to the Awesomenauts wiki so I could apply for adminship on the HotS wiki. Speaking of dying games...

With a big, robotic ass :chew:

Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:30 pm 
Adminaut

Ya, I miss the game for sure, and the community too. This was my first multiplayer experience where I actually interacted with other people who played it, and as an extremely anxious paranoid introvert I didn't do much in the way of interacting with people at the time, IRL or online. The years I spent with the people of this community were invaluable to me, for both the highs and the lows. Made friends, also made a lot of mistakes, grew as a person, had a ton of fun, made some good amount of memories I'm probably never gonna forget. All good things have to come to an end eventually though, sadly. Gotta look to the future now. And with some luck, maybe I'll find another amazing little indie game with a small, tight-knit community that's just as awesome as this one was. :ayla:

Sorry for the sap, my time with this game and it's community really is quite important to me lol

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:51 pm 

Unskippable tutorial, lack of casual matchmaking so anyone who doesn't want to play ranked had to find the very rare open custom game or play the roulette that is brawl, and the devs slowly ceasing support on the game.

I want to miss this game, but I can't.

Sure as hell will miss the concept, though. 2D MOBA with alien thematic was good.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:55 pm 

Despite certain issues with the game and it's community it's definitely a game that has a place in my heart, experiences were made with it and my 1.7k hours sunk into it were only because it still managed to be that fun at core.

Mostly moved on but I'm still somewhat interested in the prospects of a 'nauts 2, though I won't keep my hopes up as it really can just be an entirely different (genre of) game. Already went through that with Blacklight Retribution lol.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:52 am 

Location: Massachusetts, where weather is as unpredictable as a laggy Clunk
I mean I don't miss the game so much as I feel ultimately the game I'm playing is pretty much the same game from when I first installed, but I do miss the community and feeling I got out of the game. The care free years of 2013-2016 playing Awesomenauts with my friends, interacting with community and being on the forums is super nostalgic for me filled with really great times as well as some bad experiences.

Some of my best friends online I still talk to on a daily basis I met in Awesomenauts over 7 years ago (oh my gosh it's been 7 years). It sounds sappy but Nauts really did influence my life and I'm so grateful for my discovery of the game thanks to the Yogscast back in 2012.

Dice emoticon when?
Random Dice leaderboard icon pleaaaaaase
Steam!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:54 pm 

where did you all come from

Official Fanart Gallery | Steam | Discord: Duskitty#0004

Currently playing: LUX5000, Ayla, Coco, Dizzy, Ksenia, Raelynn
Sometimes play/learning: Scoop, Penny, Rocco

Post Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:58 am 

(Forgot my old acc so had to make a new one, RIP.)
I came from when its was back on xbox arcade, and when i went to pc it was still console exclusive til when playing tf2 i saw a sniper running about with the awesomenauts badge and lonestar hat and did digging to find it here.

Really the games fall is just publicity, the only times I can recall it had been seen outside of peers or miscellaneous stuff like the tf2 cosmetics as mentioned. and the highest i remember it being shown anywhere was wen it did the free to play announcement. If it got some better attention and interest of others perhaps it could have gotten. While low, the playerbase is sporadic, still keeping up a amount and I can still see it possibly making some bounce back and gaining players atleast for awhile just for now it doesn't really have much. Really no need for characters or much of anything at most maybe minor character tweaks.

All n all, I had fun, wished it got the love and attention it so desperately deserved. I still play it a few times a week and still get the same enjoyment I did since, wished the playerbase had lost the toxicity but beggers cant be choosers.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:05 pm 

I personally miss the game, and the community too :cry: