Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Error running Proun.
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:22 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

geometry wrote:
Hi,
The next run gave me an Ogre error box complaing that DirectX did not understand the term anti-aliasing! I'm afraid I cannot reproduce that problem any more so cannot post the exact message right now.

This specific one may be caused by mixing up old and new Ogre.cfg files. Have you installed the beta for Proun at some point on this computer?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:26 pm 

Hi!
I get this error right after starting the game(after i click on the ok in the setup):
OGRE EXCEPTION(3:RenderingAPIException): Cannot create device! in D3D9Device::createD3D9Device at ..\..\..\ogre\RenderSystems\Direct3D9\src\OgreD3D9Device.cpp (line 705)

I hope you can help me :)

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:56 am 

same problem as the OP. Please fix this cause I wanna try it out then donate! I already know I'm gonna enjoy this game, it's just that I need it to run on my computer.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:37 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Zomil wrote:
Hi!
I get this error right after starting the game(after i click on the ok in the setup):
OGRE EXCEPTION(3:RenderingAPIException): Cannot create device! in D3D9Device::createD3D9Device at ..\..\..\ogre\RenderSystems\Direct3D9\src\OgreD3D9Device.cpp (line 705)

I hope you can help me :)

What kind of videocard do you have?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:44 am 

Same error on my asus eepc. :cry:

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:39 pm 

I get the same error on my HP mini 1030nr netbook. As soon as it says "step 2/3" I get the error and it crashes.

Win7 32 bit
resolution: 1200x600 (full screen and windowed were tried)
Atom N270 @ 1.60 GHz
2GB RAM
Intel GMA 950 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 3.0 (128mb available graphics memory)

Tried on my SSD and an external hard drive, in case there wasn't enough on my 16GB SSD for the pagefile or any other kind of tricky thing - no luck.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:05 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I'm afraid Intel videocards are pretty random. Some of them run Proun, others don't. These cards are just too difficult to all support for a game made by just a one-man-team...

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:34 pm 

Joost wrote:
I'm afraid Intel videocards are pretty random. Some of them run Proun, others don't. These cards are just too difficult to all support for a game made by just a one-man-team...

Well that's what Ogre is supposed to take care of for you, right? Though maybe it's not quite that simple, heh.

Speaking of which, there were some threads on the Ogre forums about the pixel shader error, one involving maximum number of instructions being violated in the shader. Maybe you've already checked the Ogre forums or maybe that doesn't help, but I figured I'd mention it.

This is outside my area of knowledge, though; I'm an artist, not a coder. :)

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:01 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Ogre is very flexible. If you want to use high tech shaders, you can, but Ogre is not going to make these magically work on older videocards. So no, this is not something that Ogre can fix, I'm afraid.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:08 am 

I have the same "cannot create d3d9 pixel shader" (exactly the same message as on other screenshots) problem on a x1950 on Windows 7 64 bit. On my laptop with a HD 4250, also Windows 7 64 bit, it works without any problems. Can you please hurry and create a fix for this? I hope this is not some "We won't support old hardware" story :( I really do hope.