Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Error running Proun.
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:47 pm 

I'd gladly forget some of the shaders for a chance to play the game. But being that the game is heavily artistically focused, I don't blame you if you don't want to remove part of the visual aesthetic.

It might be worth trying adding a graphical setting that uses severely butchered shaders to see if that fixes the problem. The looks are wonderful and all, but I really want to play!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:09 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

The Very Low setting is already intended to be just that. There seems to be a specific issue with the Ati X1 series, I am looking for a solution right now. People at the Ogre forums are being really helpful, but it is problematic that I don't have such a card to test with myself.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:04 pm 

I also get the 3110 error :(

Code:
14:51:36: OGRE EXCEPTION(3:RenderingAPIException): Failed to DrawPrimitive : An undetermined error occurred in D3D9RenderSystem::_render at ..\..\..\ogre\RenderSystems\Direct3D9\src\OgreD3D9RenderSystem.cpp (line 3110)

Dunno if you are something more with the total ogre.log for me, but here it is: http://pastebin.com/Msc48Cwu

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:06 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I see you have an Intel G33/G31 videocard. For some Intel cards it turned out that they magically run the game after trying to run with fullscreen on/off for a bit and switching between some resolutions. Random experimentation seems to work for them, strangely.

Also, have you tried updating your videocard drivers?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:49 pm 

Tried all possible resolution/(non-)fullscreen combinations, no magic for me :(

(and my drivers are updated)

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:13 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

In that case I'm afraid I don't know a solution either. :( Intel cards are always a gamble to see whether they work.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:45 pm 

Well, there's another pc in house which can play it, so now I got a reason to do stuff on that one and get distraction from this great game there..! :P

Not the ideal situation, but it'll work, thank's for the help! ;)

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:41 am 

I also get simillar error:

Code:
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Cannot begin frame - no viewport selected. in D3D9RenderSystem::_beginFrame at ..\..\..\ogre\RenderSystems\Direct3D9\src\OgreD3D9RenderSystem.cpp (line 2813)

it crashes when I play few tracks in a row (i think usually at 3rd championship track, although I *can* finish the track sometimes, and sometimes not, seems like a random thing) I can still play it for some time, but it is frustrating, I was actually very close to unlocking speed of light mode when it crashed.

my spec:
win7 32bit
intel dual core ~2.9ghz
nvidia gts 250 1gb
3gb ram

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:39 pm 

Ok i switched to window mode, it does not crash anymore, but from time to time game freezes I get black screen for a sec (like when I change resolution or color depth) and this message pops out:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

then I can play again (my run is ruined though). I can't get any details, I tried to click it, going to "windows action centre" or nvidia control pannel, but with no luck. If you know any place where I could find the log i will provide it. Hope it helps solve the problem.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:10 am 

Just bought the game and havent been able to play it yet. i've installed it numerous times but i too am met with problems.

First is upon installing the game. when i hit this screen, it crashes 100% of the time.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2lavndk.png

afterwards, the install completes and the only thing left to do is run the game again, and thus the only thing that happens is the window opens, i change the settings, hit play, and BAM. black screen followed by a crash.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2wdubmo.png

Im Running Win7 64 bit. wishing i downloaded the free version before buying.