Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers

Post subject: Game crush on start :/
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:35 am 

Hi!

Today i bought Your game on steam. Settings screen loads up, i press save and play and then black sreen and crush of game.

I have GeForce 8800GTS witd today drivers. System is XP.

Please help.

Post subject: Re: Game crush on start :/
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:08 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Sorry to hear it doesn't work right away! Could you send me your Application.log file? I may be able to see what the cause is there. You can find that file in the folder "Steam\steamapps\common\swords and soldiers". Please mail the file to joost -at- ronimo-games.com.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:57 pm 

Quote:
Sorry to hear it doesn't work right away!

Really do You have to be sarcastic about this ? It's like that, i saw the game, i liked the screenshots and movie about it, I bought the game and now i want to play... jeeezzzz i read the forums (also steam) befor posting problem and i dont see solution and Your angry cause there is more people with strange crushes on start. People are used to that, games work on start.

I sent You that log file, dont mind the 800x600 screen size cause i tried diffrent settings.

Anyway thx for fast replay and dont be angry ;p

Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:24 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Twister wrote:
Quote:
Sorry to hear it doesn't work right away!

Really do You have to be sarcastic about this ?...

I wasn't being sarcastic! If you buy a game, it should just work, you shouldn't have to fiddle around with it to get it to somehow start. So I really mean that I am sorry that it doesn't work right away!

I will have a look at your crash log and reply to that later today.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:59 am 
Ronimo Team Member

I looked through the log and it shows that the problem is that you don't have a recent version of OpenGL:

Quote:
Wed Dec 22 08:50:38 2010 OpenGL GL_VENDOR Microsoft Corporation
Wed Dec 22 08:50:38 2010 OpenGL GL_RENDERER GDI Generic
Wed Dec 22 08:50:38 2010 OpenGL GL_VERSION 1.1.0

The standard Nvidia drivers should install the newest OpenGL (2.something), but somehow they didn't in your case. I see this issue with more people, but so far always with ATIs on Windows 7. Apparently there are some driver versions that you can download that do not install OpenGL properly. Are you using the official Nvidia full driver package, or stripped/alternative drivers?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:28 pm 

Quote:
I wasn't being sarcastic!

Thats great, then You really care and I Love You for this:* ;D

I always install nvidia drivers from nvidia site. Recently i installed them dwo days ago. I look for solution in internet.

Edit1\

I checked for "update opengl" and everywhere people just say install newest drivers possible. :/

Edit2\

Here what i have done. downloaded DriverCleaner.Net, started my xp in safe mode. Uninstalled my graphic drivers. Deleted rest with DriverCleaner then restarted xp. Windows on start automaticlly installed diffrent drivers. I unistalled them, dleted rest with DricerCleaner. Restarted system. Now it was really clean. So i installed the newest drivers. Restart. Run Steam, run Swords And Soldiers... Crush :| Fck :/ Still same log about GL. :( ehhh

Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:55 am 
Ronimo Team Member

I don't know a solution to your problem, but I have asked about it on a developer forum to find out more about why this is happening in the first place and how it can be solved. There are a lot of really experienced programmers on that forum, so I hope one of them will be able to give us a solution.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:34 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

This reaction on Gamedev.net may be useful to you?

"People need to install drivers while they are an admin and the antivirus should be off."

Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:22 am 

I did it and I still got openGL 1.1

Maybe its time to reinstal my xp from ground. Right now I have Windows Xp installed in September 2007 ;p - still working great. I don't complain.

Thank You for all Your help :) I understand that this is not problem of game.