Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: We should end the negativity
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:54 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Aaron12906m wrote:
You guys are just mad you're all getting the console treatment. We've been getting one reply every two months and a patch every year. Get used to it at this rate. Now we can all take this Ronimo L together...

The difference is that we are not inherently tainted simply for being console users: the world's layman of existence, if I have ever smelled one.

Seriously though, I thought the reason consoles only received updates every blue moon was out of Ronimo's control and something to do with Microsoft.

Microsoft or magic. One of those.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:14 am 

Yeah the only reason the consoles don't get updated is because console games require verification on patches, and can take months to get approval on. So you do sparse updates to make sure that what you're sending isn't an insanely buggy mess.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:08 am 

Aaron12906m wrote:
You guys are just mad you're all getting the console treatment. We've been getting one reply every two months and a patch every year. Get used to it at this rate. Now we can all take this Ronimo L together...

Even then we aren't really getting the full console treatment. It's not like console players didn't know what was coming in the future. They just didn't know when they were getting what they already knew was going to eventually get added. They still listened to input on new characters from console players as well as PC players so there still was communication with them then. The only thing you really lacked was release dates. Currently, we just got Qi'tara and Ronimo presumably goes on holiday. It hasn't even been a full month since last patch was launched. The radio silence from Ronimo is far different in this situation.

They are giving no feedback as to our recommendations, thoughts, balance propositions of any kind. We've thankfully been given a way to tell if a bug report has been seen in the tech support discord but other than that, no clear idea regarding why balance changes are being made if they are even being considered.

Previously, Ronimo's thoughts and "feedback" if you will of our feedback. This situation is very different.

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think:

Winner of the Awesomenauts Guide Contest

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:27 am 

Diz Hydron wrote:
Aaron12906m wrote:

Even then we aren't really getting the full console treatment. It's not like console players didn't know what was coming in the future. They just didn't know when they were getting what they already knew was going to eventually get added. They still listened to input on new characters from console players as well as PC players so there still was communication with them then. The only thing you really lacked was release dates. Currently, we just got Qi'tara and Ronimo presumably goes on holiday. It hasn't even been a full month since last patch was launched. The radio silence from Ronimo is far different in this situation.

They are giving no feedback as to our recommendations, thoughts, balance propositions of any kind. We've thankfully been given a way to tell if a bug report has been seen in the tech support discord but other than that, no clear idea regarding why balance changes are being made if they are even being considered.

Previously, Ronimo's thoughts and "feedback" if you will of our feedback. This situation is very different.
Bro if consoleask a question and get no response that's something. If pc asks a question and get no response it's the same thing. Just because you have a medium to send it through doesn't mean their "out to lunch" sign isn't hanging out the window

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:00 pm 

I'd say there's quite the difference between not being involved in part of the community as opposed to not being involved at all.

But maybe that's just me.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:59 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I would say that defining their involvement is a meaningless way of avoiding the issue, not that there is much we can do, mind you.

None of us should be able to say "you're getting the console treatment" because the "console treatment" should not exist. Updates should be structured and routine if Ronimo wishes to improve, and I would be very interested to see what possible counterpoint there is to that. I appreciate that developing is hard and you cannot appease everyone, but practically everything in life is.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.