Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Some Suggestions to Balace the community.
 Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:42 am 

Alright. Game is rage inducing. Nobody wants to play badly...I mean Duh. But..I care less about losing for myself...I just cringe every time I die because I feel some jackal in chat is gonna start giving birth to a platypus. Anyway...I feel like toxic players are the main reason people have left. Sure the game has its issues...but they ultimately impact how friendly the game is to new players...and if they don't do well...They quit..See ya No refunds. Anyway...Instead of overhauling the game...Lets cut the new players..and veterans...a break of the rages...by giving them something less to rage about..The biggest thing People complain about.. Is the Scoreboard...

"Oh you only killed this many droids, You're the reason we lost" Ok well first of all....Aren't droid kills awarded to the player that last hit them? What if I reduced their health significantly so our droids could turtle them? Lets award numbers to players who did the most damage to droids, and not who last hit them.

Second....

Disable all Text communication between players after the base has gone down.

This helps prevent after match garbage like Ez....or...Couldn't carry this Lonestar. etc. and also prevents butthurtdedness from people who are looking for a GG. Sure people can say it during the match. but honestly..something about the game going completely quiet after losing your base, then being bullied doesn't set well.

And I don't care about how baby'ish I sound. I'm tired of being bullied because some player read a scoreboard. I don't think it's the conclusive evidence of a loss.

My Awesomenauts Blog!

TWO-FOUR-SIX-EIGHT: PUT SOME COOKIES ON MY PLATE

My Mission is to show that you can be a top tier player and still not spread hate and stupidity, but be kind and welcoming to others.

Post subject: Re: Some Suggestions to Balace the community.
 Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:55 am 

I know there are really people who go out of there way to act like that, but you shouldn't change how the entire game works as a result of the couple rotten apples. Why not just mute them and be done with it?

As for the scoreboard. Do you want to remove/hide it? I don't really understand. It's such an intergral part of the game and is the most important part of the UI so much to the point where someone always complains when it gets redesigned. It needs to be in the game. I can't say much else there.

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:55 am 

Disable in game chat if it bothers you so much.

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:20 am 

eddster27 wrote:
Disable in game chat if it bothers you so much.

I mean I would...But I've also made great friends too And I don't want to cut off the possibility of making more...Honestly I've already started a thread about toxicity in general and I mean I'm past most of that...

Morrowsaw wrote:
I know there are really people who go out of there way to act like that, but you shouldn't change how the entire game works as a result of the couple rotten apples. Why not just mute them and be done with it?

As for the scoreboard. Do you want to remove/hide it? I don't really understand. It's such an intergral part of the game and is the most important part of the UI so much to the point where someone always complains when it gets redesigned. It needs to be in the game. I can't say much else there.

I'm mostly just suggesting droid counts get updated to award the kills to the player who did the most damage to them rather than getting Chewed out because someone didn't last hit them all.

Like I'm not desperate on the subject..but there was a time where ronimo considered removing all non team chat all together and the community back lashed big time..I thought I'd just kind of reiterate on the subject and maybe offer an alternative.

My Awesomenauts Blog!

TWO-FOUR-SIX-EIGHT: PUT SOME COOKIES ON MY PLATE

My Mission is to show that you can be a top tier player and still not spread hate and stupidity, but be kind and welcoming to others.

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:50 am 

Why even bother reading that chat noncence? If there are kids in a match there will always be that "ez" bs. Ignoring things like that is ez! :thumb:
Or you can bait them for more bile to come out. I find it funny sometimes, they are so stupid lol.

I know what you mean though. I hadn't been into a GG for a long time where people write compliments to each other instead of bullying. Mostly because I rarely get matched with them due to region difference. Also the overall skill ceiling have raised really high since I started playing (nov 2017, weak players leave except me, strong ones remain). Often the match is so tence that noone is willing to write anything after it ends because everyone is exhausted.

I met only one nice person yesterday. He/she played well, and tried to win despite me being a feeder with my worthless attempts to help. And two of the matches were clearly lost by salt in my team. One of them was with a forum member that started arguing about something with our third mate while I had a hard time (ping) and really needed their help. Other one played like trash after he saw me second time in a row.

I dunno how to force people to be nice to each other. Probably playing custom games with "approved" ones is the only solution. Or the matchups must become more fair but that's not going to happen. When there are such large skill gaps between 6 players in a single match there will always be salt on both sides. No matter the numbers after.

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:20 pm 

SandyDragginz wrote:
"Oh you only killed this many droids, You're the reason we lost" Ok well first of all....Aren't droid kills awarded to the player that last hit them? What if I reduced their health significantly so our droids could turtle them? Lets award numbers to players who did the most damage to droids, and not who last hit them.

Doesn't the kill go to you if you make the most damage to a droid, and another droid kills it?

Anyway I don't feel like it would have much of an impact. When you have only 20 droid kills and someone else has 80, it's not the few droids that you "almost last hitted" that will change something. The guy with 80 simply cleared way better than you ; either because he focused on it, or because he has a more potent char when it comes to clearing, or because he stayed more often on the battlefield..

SandyDragginz wrote:
Disable all Text communication between players after the base has gone down.

This helps prevent after match garbage like Ez....or...Couldn't carry this Lonestar. etc. and also prevents butthurtdedness from people who are looking for a GG. Sure people can say it during the match. but honestly..something about the game going completely quiet after losing your base, then being bullied doesn't set well.

And I don't care about how baby'ish I sound. I'm tired of being bullied because some player read a scoreboard. I don't think it's the conclusive evidence of a loss.

Terrible idea. It was actually done on the first iteration of Galactron update. I remember getting so frustrated because I couldn't write even a "gg" after the match.

Besides, the people who write "ez" usually don't just do that, they also insult other players throughout the match.

Blocking and reporting are the only solutions for this. If someone is reported enough for bad behaviour, maybe one day he will get banned, who knows.. Waiting for this, you can block him as soon as you see a bad comment from him.

That's what I do right now. A single negative comment and I insta block him, no questions asked. I'm doing this for me, because I know i'm very sensitive to this stuff, and it can cost me the match. You can also just block the entire chat altogether if you need to.

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:40 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Oh look, it's the thread that pops up from time to time where the solution to literally all the problems in the OP is simply to disable the thing that's being annoying through the settings but instead of doing that we need to start changing all the game's communication mechanics for everyone and for no better reason that to justify what is quite ostensibly a poorly clad rage thread with no substance.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:46 pm 

I turned the chats off withing 2 weeks when I first started playing. Problem solved. Once or twice I have put them back on, but always turned back off during the same day.

The problem solved only works on personal level though, in grand scheme of things it doesnt help at all. I agree with the OP that especially noobs probably get turned away from the game due the open hostility. I can handle them alright, but since the complains are always so uncreative and boring I rather just turn the salt off altogether, I wouldnt have anything to say anyway, since participating in salt-wars is not my thing.

When the chats are off, I wish the other players would know about it too. I feel a bit bad for the person in team who stops to write something every 30 seconds, not knowing that the rest of the team doesnt see what he is typing. But that feeling passes away quickly, when I realize that he probably is just complaining/making excuses/blaming us/blaming the game etc. :clap:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:00 pm 

Community toxicity is a problem, but outright removing communication isn't a solution. Plenty of good conversations happen after base is down.

As for it being the main reason for lack of player retention, didn't someone recently survey new players? What was the result of that? Steam reviews are also a decent, quantitative measure of whether this claim is actually true or not. It bothers me deeply that any community would behave like this, but that said, LoL and DOTA are reportedly worse, and yet they're still hugely popular, so...

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:13 am 

Balance the community by wiping out half of it

JoJodestructor19 wrote:
can confirm. We're all just a bunch of alts from the same guy :thumb: